Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    146

    Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Hi,I've asked this before in the Firefox megathread,apparently it went lost without answer:how come the about:buildconfig link in about:support doesn't show anything about the exact version of Firefox,unlike regular Firefox builds manually installed? Is that because of the Ubuntu Firefox Pack ,or there is some other reason?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Normal, IL, USA
    Beans
    74
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    I have to admit that I can't answer the question myself, but I would recommend asking on the Mozilla forums themselves. You might find an answer quicker there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Calif
    Beans
    1,208
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by cogset View Post
    Hi,I've asked this before in the Firefox megathread,apparently it went lost without answer:how come the about:buildconfig link in about:support doesn't show anything about the exact version of Firefox,unlike regular Firefox builds manually installed? Is that because of the Ubuntu Firefox Pack ,or there is some other reason?
    You might get an answer here. This applies to the same subject.

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=23&t=2496233
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bombay
    Beans
    5,167
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    You might get an answer here. This applies to the same subject.

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=23&t=2496233
    Nice and thank you

    This url does it all: chrome://mozapps/content/update/history.xul
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    146

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Nice and thank you

    This url does it all: chrome://mozapps/content/update/history.xul
    Does it actually work for you? I only get a "No updates installed yet" message,which is obviously not the case

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bombay
    Beans
    5,167
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by cogset View Post
    Does it actually work for you? I only get a "No updates installed yet" message,which is obviously not the case
    I took the liberty to actually test it before posting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bombay
    Beans
    5,167
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by cogset View Post
    Does it actually work for you? I only get a "No updates installed yet" message,which is obviously not the case
    Okay, thinking about it a bit, it maybe because I'm using Firefox directly from Mozilla and not from Canonical. That may explain why I see it and you don't. Sorry about the confusion!
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bombay
    Beans
    5,167
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    Maybe the other post from critin's link would work for you:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...6289#p12106289
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    935
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Why Firefox version (about:buildconfig) is not shown in Ubuntu?

    It may be the version of Firefox you are running. I am running the 3.6 version on my Ubuntu 8.04 and when I run:
    chrome://mozapps/content/update/history.xul

    I also get "No updates Installed" but when I run the "about:" command, I get all the answers.

    I will eventually upgrade to 12.04 and the latest Firefox, but for now I am sticking with the older version on this computer.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •