Thread: Ipod and Ipod touch

Beans

Question Ipod and Ipod touch

To all Linux/Ubuntu users out there.
    First off, I want to thank the whole community for making the Linux OS a viable alternative to the common, paid for systems like apple and windows. I love it.
    Nonetheless I have had at least two problems which I haven't figured out yet and which are starting to drive me mad.
    1) I have an Ipod Video Classic and I'm a big fan of Playlists. Up until Ubuntu 12.04 I used Rhythmbox for normal music transfer and GTKPod for the playlists, since Rhythmbox doesn't offer the option to drag playlists into the Ipod. It wasn't the perfect solution but it was a solution nonetheless.
    Now, in Ubuntu 12.04 Rhythmbox has become less reliable (I sometimes have to disconnect and reconnect the Ipod or restart Rhythmbox for music file transfers to actually occur. Whenever I try to do something with playlists, I find all my playlists messed up, doubled, tripled and quadrupled.
    GTKPod, on the other hand, has become utterly useless as it crashes as soon as I click any given icon in the open programme.
    Any suggestions on the matter? Please let me know.

2) I also have an Ipod touch 4th gen. with a 5.1.1 OS. I can manage photos and videos quite comfortably through Shotwell. But that's about it. I have no music on the Ipod touch as I have not yet found a way to copy any music on it with my Ubuntu PC.
    Any suggestions on the matter? Please let me know.

PS: I am not an expert on computer questions. I can copy and paste terminal commands though...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ipod and Ipod touch

Thread moved to Multimedia & Video.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

hi David i have no experience of ipod

but here is some info on using clementine for ipod syncing

also something called yamipod

maybe av a look see if they do the tasks you are seeking

>> also
    Last edited by shantiq; July 28th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

verify whether you can install rockbox on your ipod versions and be free'd from all annoyances

Beans

Thank you to all of you. I haven't tried out all of your suggestions yet but will soon.
    Hoping for the best.

love
    david