Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot connect to one particular network on one particular machine using Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cannot connect to one particular network on one particular machine using Ubuntu

Hi, your issue is not unique, many people have this issue, besides just wep encryption there are some routers that do not do well with linux.

Since you are only having problems with one location and you are not having any other issues then I doubt that reinstalling ubuntu will help.

You could find an updated driver and try it but this has been going on for a long time so again I do not think that will help but you could try ndiwrapper it is best to ask for help installing it here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885847
    Thanks

Beans

Re: Cannot connect to one particular network on one particular machine using Ubuntu

Hi,

I'm not sure if I should be making a new thread or not, but I've been having this problem too. I tried the steps but it seems to have made the problem worse. I'm using a Netgear N600 Wi-fi adapter, with ndiswrapper maintaining the drivers. This issue has been reported in a 24-page thread on my ISP's help forums, with a usual company response of, "We are trying to fix this, thank you for your patience." This was two years ago and most peoples' PCs now work perfectly. I'm currently using a dLAN in a house with wires that are about 80 years old, so it's not working very well. Can anyone help me with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi MichaelMale, you already have two threads going so stay with them please and yes it is better to start your own and not jump into someone else's.
    Thanks

Beans

I'm happy to report that my wireless worked without problems at numerous hotels and airports in Europe and at large labs in Japan and Switzerland, so it's not so common as I first surmised when it failed on the first two locations that I tried - home and work - where fortunately wired connections are easily available. Mislead agan by small statistics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12