Thread: select which termial to run in unity

Beans

select which termial to run in unity

ubuntu 12.04, I constanly run 5+ terminal windows with a whole buch of other stuff, so is it possible that somehow i can click the terminal icon on the unity dashboard and then select from a list and then I can click from the list which termial to go to?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: select which termial to run in unity

i assume these 5 windows are grouped under 1 icon: when you click the icon you get the miniatures of all windows and you can pick one (this happens when you click already active launcher, so when switching you need 2 clicks). Do you get this or the problem is that feature simply doesn't cut it?

besides why not use tabs? ctrl+shift+t spawns a tab in current terminal, so juggling windows stops being a necessity.
    if your question is answered, mark the thread as [SOLVED]. Thx.
    To post code or command output, use [code] tags.
    Check your bash script here // BashFAQ // BashPitfalls

Beans

right, the 5+ windows are grouped under 1 icon. But clicking the term icon does not bring up a list at all.

Tab just won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaphell View Post
    i assume these 5 windows are grouped under 1 icon: when you click the icon you get the miniatures of all windows and you can pick one (this happens when you click already active launcher, so when switching you need 2 clicks). Do you get this or the problem is that feature simply doesn't cut it?

besides why not use tabs? ctrl+shift+t spawns a tab in current terminal, so juggling windows stops being a necessity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

strange, definitely you should get miniatures of all windows after left clicking the launcher icon. Spamming left click on it doesn't work at all?

what is the functional difference between 1 window with 5 tabs and 5 windows?
    Last edited by Vaphell; July 27th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
    if your question is answered, mark the thread as [SOLVED]. Thx.
    To post code or command output, use [code] tags.
    Check your bash script here // BashFAQ // BashPitfalls