Thread: Lubuntu 12.04 as LiveUSB not working with persistent file

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Lubuntu 12.04 as LiveUSB not working with persistent file

Hello,

I have installed Lubuntu 12.04 64bit version on my USB flash drive with Universal-USB-Installer including persistent file option. This always worked perfectly with other versions of linux.

But it seems that Lubuntu 12.04 is not working with persistent file because after every boot from USB flash drive, the changes made to the system are not present and the system is fresh clean.

Can anybody help me figure out how can I force Lubuntu to use persistent file with LiveUSB ? Thanks for any help in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Lubuntu 12.04 as LiveUSB not working with persistent file

I have never used the universal-usb-installer, but have used both the ubuntu startup-disk-creator and also unetbootin. The startup-disk-creator is only available to run on ubuntu, but unetbootin can be run from Linux and Windows, so I would advise you to try one or other of those two applications and see if that gives you pertsistence.

I know it can be done as I used one of them (can't remember which) and get a persistent usb system of Lubuntu 12.04 with no problem.

Beans

Re: Lubuntu 12.04 as LiveUSB not working with persistent file

I also tried startup-disk-creator but it gave me unbootable system. I don't know why. I will try Unetbootin and report if it works...