Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questverse: Space Anime RPG

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Arrow Questverse: Space Anime RPG

Well, I asked around, and I was told I could post this here:

Topic and project license

OBS: It is only necessary to see the first thread post, and if you so desire, the last one.

Synopsis:

Have the most strange and comical quests throughout the universe; learn about it, visit star systems, create your own space traveling alter ego, and uncover the long lost secrets about your race...welcome to Questverse.

Features:
    • Choose your race from two and create your character based on a range of powers, skills, details and appearances; or just pick one of the two default characters from each race.
    • Endless game, limited only by the amount of quests packages your game copy has
    • Learn true facts about the cosmos
    • An easy to learn RPG, focused on the role-play instead of rules.

Project still in development, many features and game assets are still unavailable or incomplete.

Click on the images to be redirected to their area:

Game General Info:
    http://www.lunarts-studio.com.br/technical.php
    Last edited by Lunarts; July 26th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Questverse: Space Anime RPG

Fund raising campaing for Questverse going on, depending of the results my current project and future ones will be fully free, and maybe even opensource. Contribute talking about this, sharing throught the below link and/or giving your financial contribution:

EDIT:

After the campaing start I received a lot of suggestions of how to improve it, and these suggestions are valid, veery valid, for now the campaing is suspended.
    Last edited by Lunarts; July 26th, 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

your project looks interesting, but your indiegogo campaign needs a lot more work.

I think this might help you get better results.

-5 Rookie Mistakes in Crowdfunding.
    http://www.indiegogo.com/blog/2012/0...wdfunding.html

-So You Think You Can’t Do PR?
    http://www.indiegogo.com/blog/2011/0...ant-do-pr.html

very important:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/blog/2012/0...ore-money.html

and this (applies for any crowdfunding, not just kickstarters):

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...ickstarter.php

hope you find them useful and help your campaign evolve!

Wish you luck !!
    Last edited by madjr; July 25th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Distro

Hey, thanks a lot madjr!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarts View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot madjr!
    no problem.

Just remember that while campaigns are not easy at first, they are not so hard to master after a while
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans

Not to be insulting, but your goal of generating $100,000 in pledges when you have absolutely no track record and can't even state what the funds will be used for is unrealistic. Especially when the minimum that can be pledged is $25, for a game which you intend to release for free.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This project is interesting and it definitely has a lot of more going on compared to a lot of others I've seen that got funded. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Not to be insulting, but your goal of generating $100,000 in pledges when you have absolutely no track record and can't even state what the funds will be used for is unrealistic. Especially when the minimum that can be pledged is $25, for a game which you intend to release for free.
    I totally agree with you. Those were the first mistakes that popped into my eyes when I looked at the campaign. I studied a lot regarding crowd funding and I still haven't rushed into it.
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro

25$ is not the minimum, it is just the minimum for a perk. The game will not be released for free, only if the fund goal is met(it do not need to be exactly $100,000, I asked support to lower the amount this morning). Isn't simply and plain using the money to survive, and thus making the base game, expansions and future projects not enough? I do not fixed I need 100,000, otherwise I would had marked the funding style to give the financial contributions back if I didn't reached it.

Thanks for you comment.

EDIT:

Taking in account what I said, what amount do you suggest? I'm open to good suggestions, in fact, I need them. Living and Learning I say, this is my first attempt.

EDIT2:

I may have written something wrong to people think it would be a free and opensource project by default(I shall look into it), thought on indiegogo the minimum amount appear at the side of the "Contribute now button", my project never had that limit.
    Last edited by Lunarts; July 25th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarts View Post
    25$ is not the minimum, it is just the minimum for a perk. The game will not be released for free, only if the fund goal is met(it do not need to be exactly $100,000, I asked support to lower the amount this morning). Isn't simply and plain using the money to survive, and thus making the base game, expansions and future projects not enough? I do not fixed I need 100,000, otherwise I would had marked the funding style to give the financial contributions back if I didn't reached it.

Thanks for you comment.

EDIT:

Taking in account what I said, what amount do you suggest? I'm open to good suggestions, in fact, I need them. Living and Learning I say, this is my first attempt.

EDIT2:

I may have written something wrong to people think it would be a free and opensource project by default, thought on indiegogo the minimum amount appear at the side of the "Contribute now button", my project never had that limit.
    I saw the update to your campaign , it is better than before, but there are still a few issues.

I would say start small with your goal, since it's a "psychological and attention grabbing" war out there. And usually People are afraid of jumping in if they see that the goal has little chance to be met, so big goals can scare off many.

Also once you get just one successful campaign and build your audience (essential!), you can create new ones after a while that highly likely to be successful too (so don't place all your eggs in one basket).

Try to study as many campaigns as possible, specially indie ones with few developers which might be similar to yours.

Don't rush and don't worry, since Rome wasnt built in a day

Just keep reading and studying the links I posted earlier.

Now, one important thing I noticed was the video. While I really like the art style, I could not understand almost anything that was going on (apart from customizing the character).

Unfortunately the Attention span of people today is incredibly small:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media-netw...ernet-consumer

Tips for your video:
    http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2012...project-video/

Anyway is your first campaign and you have a great attitude to keep learning and improving, keep it up!
    Last edited by madjr; July 25th, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks a lot madjr, sometimes just reading tutorials isn't enough(I may somehow think I was not doing something wrong), and I need direct user feedback.

I read some of your links on your last post already, and a couple of others, tought I was with headache, so I had to left others tutorials to read today, and some I will have to read tomorrow.

EDIT: Luckly my game will not go site searchable unless it receive 10 dollars until 1 week after launch, I have some time to setup some things.
    Last edited by Lunarts; July 26th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast