Thread: Xubu 12.04 Fuzzy / Blurry fonts after xfce-session

Beans

[SOLVED] Xubu 12.04 Fuzzy / Blurry fonts after xfce-session

There is similar thread --> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post12126303

But did not solve my problem.

So, I visited xfce-session ( And Lubuntu, gnome classic, gnome + cairo dock with effects). Result is here.

Xubuntu 12.04 "screenshot" (upper)
    And Ubuntu 10.04 "Screenshot" (lower)

(Obviously I could not take screenshots the regular way, since It seems to be rendering problem)

I appeared first in xfce-session, so I bet that was the one that is not my friend.

This problem looks just like when I have wrong resolution on my LCD (Usually you must use native resolution [or multiplier / divider of it I think]) but monitors own info says it is correct.

Any Ideas how to "reset" this?

Is the folder/file path correct (in that post)? Seems That I have only .config/xfce4 -named folder. I will try to remove that folder and see what happens.
    Last edited by Janiporo; July 24th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Beans

Re: Xubu 12.04 Fuzzy / Blurry fonts after xfce-session

Solved the problem my self.

I deleted following directories:
    Code:
    ~/.config/xfce4
    Reset ALL settings concerning desktop (at least), so you are in "just installed operating system"-state.

Code:
    ~/.cache/sessions
    Removes saved sessions

I deleted the xfce-folder, but the problem was the settings was recorded also in sessions-folder. Deleting both got rid of problem.

If anyone can pinpoint the proper file in ~/.config/xfce4 -directory which should be deleted, someone in the future will be thankful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Xubu 12.04 Fuzzy / Blurry fonts after xfce-session

In my case, it was enough to remove ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml (and ~/.cache/sessions). I still don't know the real reason for the problem though.