Hi all,
I have several partitions on my Panasonic CF-29 laptop and installed the new Xubuntu 12.04lts beside my existing Xubuntu 10.04lts.

With 10.04 there was no support out of the box and I had to add
evtouch, plus some settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, then all was well. All has been well with 10.04 ever since.

With 12.04 there is touchscreen activity out of the box, but the calibration is way off. I see that evtouch is not part of the 12.04 repositories and there is no xorg.conf in 12.04. It appears that evdev is handling this input now and evtest shows me touchscreen activity on event7.

If evdev is indeed now handling my touchscreen input can anyone tell me how to calibrate devices in evdev? If it's not, can anyone tell me what is and how to calibrate that?

I'm trying to get on top of this as support for 10.04lts ceases in April of 2013 and I'm a touchscreen addict. It's amazing how many times I catch myself reaching for the screen when borrowing my wife's laptop.

If it's relevant this is a Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Mark IV with a LBPS/2 Fujitsu Lifebook TouchScreen.

Thank!