Thread: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unava

Beans

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unava

when i make remove some software from ubuntu software center this massage appear E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock the list directory
    although i'm not openany termenal and nothing use apt-get

what can i do?????????????????/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily un

Quote Originally Posted by marwa aly View Post
    when i make remove some software from ubuntu software center this massage appear E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock the list directory
    although i'm not openany termenal and nothing use apt-get

what can i do?????????????????/
    Maybe jockey running in the background?

Code:
    ps aux | grep "jockey"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily un

Did you use 'sudo' with the apt-get command to remove software? That's a prerequisite to remove software.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Time View Post
    Did you use 'sudo' with the apt-get command to remove software? That's a prerequisite to remove software.
    OP mentioned he is using the Software Center (USC). I assume he should have been prompted for a password?

apt-get would return:

Code:
    E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?