Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Quote Originally Posted by KIAaze View Post
    Mmh, I don't get that. Here's what I have directly after clicking the $ or € button on the donation page:
    Attachment 230584
    According to this http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?p=152 you only need to fill country, name and credit card information. So the other fields could be paypal's strategy to "lure you in" or perhaps things changed since that article was written.
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Second Ancient Beast gameplay video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7V4y...oeKlpVZy9dj_XI

I did a terrible mistake and lost the match xD
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans

Well done with the game.
    What was the mistake made in the video? I see it all playing out, but I can't see a point of mistake, other than maybe going a little too aggressive? Obviously I don't fully grasp the mechanics of the game :\

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Quote Originally Posted by darkager View Post
    Well done with the game.
    What was the mistake made in the video? I see it all playing out, but I can't see a point of mistake, other than maybe going a little too aggressive? Obviously I don't fully grasp the mechanics of the game :\
    Thanks. Regarding my fatal mistake I don't expect many to spot it

I had perfect occasion to kill my opponent's Dark Priest (which is considered a humiliation) as he didn't had any more plasma, so he couldn't block attack anymore and my Impaler creature was within perfect range, but I got a bit greedy and miscalculated because of the turn time limit, so I moved him a few hexagons back trying to get even bigger damage bonus for the "Jab Attack" (by walking more to the target before hitting), but I actually got out of the attack range and opponent killed me the next turn instead with similar tactic. I could have done more than enough damage to kill the Dark Priest with a single hit and actually win the match xD

Anyway, Impaler (http://ancientbeast.com/bestiary/#Impaler) will probably get some changes soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

HOLY. CRAP.

I'm currently between jobs, but as soon as I've got income trickling in again I guarantee you I'm donating to this. This is amazing!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Quote Originally Posted by davethebrave View Post
    HOLY. CRAP.

I'm currently between jobs, but as soon as I've got income trickling in again I guarantee you I'm donating to this. This is amazing!
    Cheers! Your comment made my week
    I could sure use more support with this project; putting a lot of time into it for years now and my dad is like "get a job you idiot", but I refuse to do so, "whoring" myself on websites like fiverr.com doing whatever I can manage in order to make a few bucks, which mean quite a bit considering I live in poor country where 250$/month is the standard around here for a full-time job. So yeah, still living with my parents and thanks to that I barely get any rest around. Really need to take things to a new level asap. Good luck with the job hunt, if you ever get around to donate a few bucks, it will be highly appreciated!
    Last edited by Dread Knight; February 5th, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

We are now accepting fan art for the project of existing creatures, check out the bestiary or gallery.
    Also, if your contribution is decent enough, it will be features in the website, in the special fanart section. ^^
    Pretty much any style you can think of is welcomed!

(all works are under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license; crediting project and artists required)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This character like the rest of the stuff from the project is under Creative Commons, meaning you can use it in your own game / animation / poster or whatever, even for commercial purposes, you can even remix it, only thing you have to do is keep it under same license CC-BY-SA 3.0 and credit and/or link the artists and project.

Donations for this free open source project uberly welcomed, see http://ancientbeast.com/donate/ or send money to dk.vali@gmail.com
    Any amount will put to good use, most likely brilliant kids going through college will be commissioned to make art or code
    Really need your support on this project, I'm dealing with poverty and I'm working hard all my free time on it, besides freelancing to make money to invest in the project.
    Don't let this great project not fulfill it's true potential because it's a rare gem for the human kind. Think of the money you probably spend on useless crap or even on lame games...
    Last edited by Dread Knight; March 19th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A new version was released last month. I'm looking for multiplayer beta testers, the game doesn't have online multiplayer yet, so I'm using www.TeamViewer.com for now, hosting the matches myself.
    Feel free to add me on skype dk.vali or on facebook www.facebook.com/DreadKnight

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234