(it's somewhat similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but only focused on the combat aspect)
- free open source turn based strategy played right from the browser
- 49 creatures, each with unique stats and abilities, not to mention nicely looking and animated
- 1vs1 or 2vs2, pure PvP, focused on just tactical combat
- various gameplay modes (such as ladder, tournament, casual or trivia, where you can learn new things while playing and having fun)
- same game but with different flavors: 2d, 3d and Augmented Reality game modes
- cross platform and cross device, with no need to install anything
- use smartphone as controller
- nice game plot based on the reprap project
- ability to earn money (bitcoins) by betting on matches or by playing (without having to pay anything)
This project is basically the "one minute to learn, a lifetime to master" type. And it scales nicely with new technology, so that even people with handicaps, including blind people, should be able to play it.
Note that the stuff above describes the final project, so a lot of it is still yet to happen. But you can help with that by donating, contributing artwork or patches or even by providing feedback and support.
Keep in mind that I work full time on this project, I have no actual income besides donations and funding, so money goes a long way for me.
I rejected a lot of good job offers (that I wasn't even looking for) so that I can have more time and energy to put into this project that I actually care about.
It would be nice if I could afford to commission artists more often or even hire a part time gameplay coder (because the project really lacks that atm).
There's always progress around, but it would be great if there was even more! Each time I receive a donation, it just makes my day. Not to mention contributions, feedback, new fans : )
Feel free to drop by #AncientBeast channel on Freenode network. You can also join from the website's chat page. Hope to see you around!