Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: copy terminal to vi, vi to terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: copy terminal to vi, vi to terminal

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    You can copy and paste in any linux terminal using the left mouse to select text, and then middle click to paste (not right click!).
    I am using Windows 7 and portable PuTTY 0.62. Right-click is paste for me by default. Might be a different story for an Ubuntu Desktop. But regardless, it is done with the mouse, not CTRL+C, CTRL+V as Windows users might expect.

LHammonds

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LHammonds View Post
    I am using Windows 7 and portable PuTTY 0.62. Right-click is paste for me by default. Might be a different story for an Ubuntu Desktop. But regardless, it is done with the mouse, not CTRL+C, CTRL+V as Windows users might expect.
    I last used PuTTY (and windows) many years ago but I think you can set this option in the PuTTY window settings. Middle paste is an xterm convention. PuTTY probably defaults to the windows convention.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

On a ssh session from Putty , whenever I am editing something on Vim and want to go back to commandline without closing the Vim editor , I use the below command .
    Code:
    :!bash
    When back in bash prompt i can paste the copied command/text from vim by just a right click .Now an exit at bash prompt returns me back to editing with vim , where i was .
    “Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things”
    — Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12