Thread: 12.04-using Gnome Classic. What Unity and other programs can I remove?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

12.04-using Gnome Classic. What Unity and other programs can I remove?

I have a smaller partition for my 12.04 and was wondering what ""bloatware"" (pardon me for those that like Unity) files I can uninstall via Synaptic that won't corrupt 12.04. Specifically any of the display, cloud and social networking additions?

I have already removed: DejaDup, Empathy, Evolution*, Example-content, Geoip, Getty, Gnome-games, Gnome-online-accounts, Gnome-orca, Gwibber*, Ibus-pinyin, Indicator-messages, Mobile-broadband-providers, Modemmanager, Oneconf, (OK to remove Ubuntu-desktop) Pitivi, Remmina, Rhythmbox, Ryslog, Shotwell, Telepathy*, Telnet, Toshet, Totem, Unneeded Fonts*, Ubuntu-one, Unity-scope-video-remote, Vino, Whoopsie, Zeitgeist.

Wanting to keep a 10.04-like system, with minimal memory and storage space, while keeping full OS functionality; removing the added "features" to the core Ubuntu

Thanks.
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (& Windows XP-SP3 for Flight Sim only) - (1) 3.4 G/3G RAM/NVIDIA GT630, 2048VRAM/SB AudigySE Audio (2) 2.9 G/2G RAM/NVIDIA 9500GT,1024VRAM/SB Audio (3) 2.3 G/2G RAM/NVIDIA FX1500M,256VRAM/Sigmatel Audio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: 12.04-using Gnome Classic. What Unity and other programs can I remove?

just wondering how you got rid of those programs? Every time I try, it tries to also remove gnome. tried synaptic, and apt-get rmove. the same thing with both approaches.