Thread: Show date-day and time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Show date-day and time

I notice some desktops show the date day and time. Is there a way to do this in Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Show date-day and time

Yes, click on time applet and choose "Time&Date Settings"
    Acer Extensa 5220 and Prestigio PC

Beans
    Distro

I figured it out. You have to install dconf-editor. Have a look here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/12998...-gnome-classic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No, actually you don't have to. Under clock tab (in date and time) you just have to click on In the clock show: date and month. I assume you are using precise pangolin 12.04, since you have this in your profile.

Regards.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanton View Post
    No, actually you don't have to. Under clock tab (in date and time) you just have to click on In the clock show: date and month. I assume you are using precise pangolin 12.04, since you have this in your profile.

Regards.
    I had tried to set the clock this way and I had checked , day date and time. I closed it out and nothing changed. I did this several times so I remembered dconf-editor. I made the change to setting in there and it has held settings. The other way did not work in my situation. Yes, I am running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin Unity 2D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Strange problem, but I am glad you got it sorted out.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanton View Post
    Strange problem, but I am glad you got it sorted out.
    Yes very strange. That is just one of many I have had since installing Ubuntu 12.04 on a HP Pavilion Laptop. Laptop is only 7 months old.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rickm1945 View Post
    I had tried to set the clock this way and I had checked , day date and time. I closed it out and nothing changed. I did this several times so I remembered dconf-editor. I made the change to setting in there and it has held settings. The other way did not work in my situation. Yes, I am running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin Unity 2D.

If you are running fallback, you will have to change it from unity. But glad you sorted it out with dconf-editor.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWhite View Post
    If you are running fallback, you will have to change it from unity. But glad you sorted it out with dconf-editor.
    No, I'm running Unity 3-D on my desktop and Unity 2-D on my laptop. I tried several other desktops and keep coming back to unity. I like the Unity desktop best. I just want to have the full day, date and time showing.