Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Hi friends,

    I use outlook at my office. I exported all the contacts to .pst format. I installed readpst utility and converted pst's to vcard format. When I look at the format, the format looks fine. But when I try to import it to thunderbird, only the first contact is getting imported.
    Can anyone please help?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Beans
    12

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Does it have to be in .pst format. Have you tried .csv ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Quote Originally Posted by rslater View Post
    Does it have to be in .pst format. Have you tried .csv ?
    how can I export contacts from Outlook using csv format? I think .pst is only option.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    126

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Quote Originally Posted by c2tarun View Post
    how can I export contacts from Outlook using csv format? I think .pst is only option.

    http://email.about.com/od/outlooktip...cts_to_CSV.htm
    New Orleans-Proud to Swim Home

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake Placid, Florida, USA
    Beans
    1,998
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird


    I tried exporting to csv and importing in thunderbird, its not working, I am getting empty contacts. Anysolution?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Quote Originally Posted by mike555 View Post

    does this software work? I tried converting pst using readpst and it didn't worked. This app states that it is based on readpst.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    well after nothing worked I tried a stupid and drudgery solution, but it worked

    I installed thunderbird inside WinXP of my VM. Then I used my office csv file to import contacts to Outlook of my VM and then thunderbird synced all the contacts from outlook. I then exported all the contacts form thunderbird to ldif format and then used that file to import contacts to my linux thunderbird

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spring Hill, FL USA
    Beans
    278
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: can't import contacts in pst to thunderbird

    Quote Originally Posted by c2tarun View Post
    well after nothing worked I tried a stupid and drudgery solution, but it worked

    I installed thunderbird inside WinXP of my VM. Then I used my office csv file to import contacts to Outlook of my VM and then thunderbird synced all the contacts from outlook. I then exported all the contacts form thunderbird to ldif format and then used that file to import contacts to my linux thunderbird
    I had a similar situation and finally got all the contacts in my Thunderbird Address book and worked out fine. I did find that when my email crashed I had no address book, so after you get your address book made in Thunderbird export it to a USB stick and keep it updated, then it is very easy to import it back into Thunderbird.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •