Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Quote Originally Posted by haukew View Post
    Any progress, kd5snu?
    Not yet. Class started for me and bogged me down. I'm going to give it a shot again in a couple weeks. I'll let y'all know what I come up with.

Beans

oo I must keep watching this thread would be very good if I could get ubuntu on this little thing

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

There are two working ports of Ubuntu 12.04:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1988174 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1988174
    First is installed to the /data/ubuntu/ directory in internal tablet memory (personally I use this), second is installed to external SD-card connected to the Dock`s cardreader.

Haven`t tried the second port, but the first runs wonderful! It supports practically everything (!) since all vital packages have armhf-versions. Veery little and not serious lags of interface.

But there are two problems:

1. With the first port Ubuntu doesn`t find wi-fi APs (for me). Solution is to connect to your known APs as to hidden wireless networks - after that internet works fine.
    2. I can`t change the DPI of the screen. Infinity Pad has really great resolution for tablet, but Ubuntu uses default 96 dpi instead of real 220 that makes interface elements too small. I have tried almost everything to change it: reconfigured Xorg.conf, called "xrandr --dpi 220", changed Font Scaling in environment configurations, but it doesn`t enlarge controls...

Can anybody advise how to change the DPI in Ubuntu 12.04? I can tell more about failed tries and show my Xorg.conf and Xorg log.
    Last edited by snakerock; December 8th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Beans

Step by step process for install ubuntu 12.10 on my Asus Infinity TF700T
    Step 1: Download these files and save them into your computer: tf700-rootfs-0.7.1.tar.lzma (667Mb) and boot_installer-0.7.1.1.zip (11 Mb). Just put them in a directory you can easily find and access; there’s no need to extract them.
    Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable and copy the packages into the root directory of the device’s internal memory. After that disconnect your device and turn it off.
    Step 3: Boot it into recovery mode and flash boot_installer-0.7.1.1.zip . You need to choose a kernel at this point. While all of them are supposed to work, the most recommended is 1.3-1.8.
    Step 4: Once the installation is complete, wipe cache/dalvik.
    Step 5: Turn your device off again but this time connect the keyboard dock and boot it into recovery mode. Since you have just installed a new boot loader, you must be seeing penguins while the device loads. After a short while, you will see four options: Android, Linux, Install and Shell.
    Step 6: You still need to install so choose press “I” on your keyboard. The device automatically searches for tf700-rootfs-0.7.1.tar.lzma. You need to choose the Ubuntu image size and press “Yes” to confirm.
    Step 7: It will take several minutes to complete the installation process. Refrain from touching anything on your device until everything is done to avoid messing up the process.
    Step 8: Once the installation is complete, press any key on your keyboard to return to boot options. Press “1″ to boot Ubuntu 12.10; the default password is “ubuntu” but you have to change it to your own password for security reason.
    This is just one of the ways to install Ubuntu on Pad Infinity TF700. We advise you to visit XDA devs forums to learn other ways to flash this custom OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by snakerock View Post

They are the same.. Was this accidental?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12