Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend/Resume Freezing on ASUS UX32VD

Beans

Question Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend/Resume Freezing on ASUS UX32VD

I have the ASUS Zenbook Prime UX32VD, specs here.

I have the model with the I7 and the 500Gb hdd with 24G SSD.

I am experiencing an issue where, whenever I close my lid, or click suspend from the menu, my computer freezes completely. I hit power and my keys light up and the fan spins louder, but I cannot bring up anything on the screen, all it shows is a blank black screen. I have read several similar issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend/Resume Freezing on ASUS UX32VD

Quote Originally Posted by dmacm View Post
    I have the ASUS Zenbook Prime UX32VD, specs here.

I have the model with the I7 and the 500Gb hdd with 24G SSD.

I am experiencing an issue where, whenever I close my lid, or click suspend from the menu, my computer freezes completely. I hit power and my keys light up and the fan spins louder, but I cannot bring up anything on the screen, all it shows is a blank black screen. I have read several similar issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sadly, this is a common issue with this model. Suspend works on my machine, however, if I wait less than ~10min before resuming.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. What version of ubuntu are you running? And what kernel (run "uname -a" in terminal)?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend/Resume Freezing on ASUS UX32VD

Have a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1027828

When on Quantal: enable the quantal-proposed repo and do a dist-upgrade, please report results at above url