Thread: Kernel testing dilemma: an infinite loop of noveau failure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Kernel testing dilemma: an infinite loop of noveau failure.

ok, I saw the announcement from the kernel team on wanting testers. Earlier this afternoon, I decided that I want to give kernel testing a shot, so i followed the announcements and installed the kernel and rebooted. After running the script, I still didn't know how to interpret the output. . What's the worst that can happen?

Upon booting, I thought the system will run smoothly. Instead, it entered a strange loop with these
    [<numbers>] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: FFIFO - playlist update failed
    [<numbers>] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Failed to idle channel 2
    and so on. The list keeps going nonstop, in which the <numbers> topped 3xxx.xxxx!

It's probably a failure of nouveau to run. Playlist can't update, and it can't idle channel 1 and 2.
    Last edited by epikvision; July 21st, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: to tidy up the report.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy Re: Kernel testing dilemma: an infinite loop of noveau failure.

I guess I have to do a fresh install to reset back to normal again. There's no way I can uninstall the kernel from the virtual terminal.

It's definitely a bug, as I can't get past the bootup screen. I want to scour the system, but I'm already hampered by the nouveau failure. Can someone tell me how I can report this problem?

http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatrac...8435/testcases

I check this link, and it only leads me to finding bugs while running the desktop.
    Last edited by epikvision; July 21st, 2012 at 01:48 AM.