Thread: Is ubuntu 12.04LTS stable now

Beans

Is ubuntu 12.04LTS stable now

Hello guys I upgraded to ubuntu 12.04LTS when it released officially and not the beta version but it was very bad not stable which forced me to get back to 11.10 and reinstall all things no I've 2 Qs
    1- Is it stable now?
    2- How can I backup apps+data(of the apps) to restore it if I will get back to 11.10???

thnx in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Is ubuntu 12.04LTS stable now

You are probably best to hold off until 12.04.1 is released, this way you will be able to get an installation disc with all of the packages that have been upgraded since the initial release. This saves you having to do a big update straight after you have installed.

Whenever I roll out a new Ubuntu release to Servers or Desktops at work I always wait for the LTS .1 release so that the majority of serious bugs have been worked out.

12.04.1 is due to be released some time between the 23rd and 29th of August.

The best way of making a full system backup is to use imaging software such as Clonezilla. This way you can easily return your system to the exact state that it was in.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesemill View Post
    You are probably best to hold off until 12.04.1 is released, this way you will be able to get an installation disc with all of the packages that have been upgraded since the initial release. This saves you having to do a big update straight after you have installed.

Whenever I roll out a new Ubuntu release to Servers or Desktops at work I always wait for the LTS .1 release so that the majority of serious bugs have been worked out.

12.04.1 is due to be released some time between the 23rd and 29th of August.

The best way of making a full system backup is to use imaging software such as Clonezilla. This way you can easily return your system to the exact state that it was in.
    Agree with you..

Vote for my Idea
    ~~~Open-source Software and Patience go hand in hand~~~

Beans

okay thnx all I will wait