Thread: how to make KDE panel aplets?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Question how to make KDE panel aplets?

Hi!

does anyone know how to make panel aplets (like clock) in KDE? i just need to know how to make simple "Hello World" program in C / C++ that i could add to main KDE panel (like Klipper, K Menu...).

where should i start searching / reading. previously i used Superkaramba for this but now i would like to know how to make stand-alone KDE application.

thnx for any help!
    copter :]

Beans

Re: how to make KDE panel aplets?

I'm fairly certain KDevelop has a project template for a KDE panel applet. That may be a good starting point.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Arrow Re: how to make KDE panel aplets?

thnx for help. unfortunatly i couldnt write or test anything found at kdevelop.org . tutorials provided there arent uptodate. they dont compile on kubuntu 6.06 with standard repos.

kdevelop panel applet template is also useless. it creates 50+ files (total 1mb) without any info which file what does. looking on google ive found loads of forum topics where people also complain about it. as i can see there are no user friendly how to's nor documentations aviable at the moment. maybe thats why KDE is still full of bugs.

any other ideas?
    copter :]

UPDATE

KDevelop stopped being useless after installing following packages:

kde-devel
    kde-devel-extras
    xorg-dev

and probably switching to KDE 3.5.4

I still think this IDE is far away from being noob friendly... (comparing to Code::Block that works out of the box)
    Last edited by Copter; August 22nd, 2006 at 02:42 PM.