Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Dual Boot Problems

ok thanks!

Beans

Hi all,

had the same problem as rockprincess on asus ux31a. Windows entry in grub menu failed to start win 7 while Ubuntu did start normal. With boot-repair i was able to solve this problem.

Added myself as affected on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...2/+bug/1024383

Just wanted to say Thank You to YannBuntu for his good work

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@lowbrain: thanks for your feedback

Beans

I was wondering if I could just add my shout for help to this thread, seeing as you all clearly know what you're doing ...

I'm getting the "invalid EFI file path" error when selecting my Win7 install from the Grub menu.

I have tried Boot-Repair (fantastic bit of software there!) and it has reinstalled grub-efi etc.

I can boot Win7 if I select the HDD from the boot selector (F8 at POST on my mobo), and I can boot Kubuntu from Grub with 'ubuntu' UEFI selected in the BIOS.

Here's my Boot Info URL: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1181335/

Please help me, this has been driving me nuts all weekend.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Arrow Re: Dual Boot Problems

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by SFromley View Post
    I can boot Win7 if I select the HDD from the boot selector (F8 at POST on my mobo), and I can boot Kubuntu from Grub with 'ubuntu' UEFI selected in the BIOS.

Here's my Boot Info URL: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1181335/
    Your Windows is classic (not EFI) type, so you need to install Ubuntu without EFI:
    1) run Boot-Repair, click "Advanced options", go to the "GRUB location" tab, UNTICK the "Separate /boot/efi" option, apply.
    2) Setup your BIOS to make it boot on the HDD in classic (non-EFI) mode, then reboot.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by YannBuntu View Post
    Hello

Your Windows is classic (not EFI) type, so you need to install Ubuntu without EFI:
    1) run Boot-Repair, click "Advanced options", go to the "GRUB location" tab, UNTICK the "Separate /boot/efi" option, apply.
    2) Setup your BIOS to make it boot on the HDD in classic (non-EFI) mode, then reboot.
    Thanks for the reply - I'm going to reinstall Windows as it's not working much. Long story, but I'm recovering from total system breakage which is how I got into this efi mess to start with.

Merci encore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123