Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Valve Announcement - Steam client coming to Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Valve Announcement - Steam client coming to Ubuntu

I tried it in 12.10, worked like a charm, only felt (as someone mentioned) a little sluggish. Bigpicture-mode worked good too, browsed around for a while in there. I'm not a beta-tester, and I don't think it's the right approach to "bypass" the "beta-restriction" on day 1, so I kinda regret trying it out, so I uninstalled it and will now wait for open-beta or public release.

But it's so great that something like this is finally happening!
    This is my signature

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBumble View Post
    I wonder if the client is restricted to 12.04, or does it apply to tho whole 12.x branch so that it runs on 12.10 also. Sadly enough i wasn't chosen in the BETA but can somebody confirm or deny this ?
    Even though i wasn't invited to the beta, I was able to find, download, and install the beta with minimal effort. As far as I can tell, it seems to work just fine on 12.10, although I couldn't get very far because the moment you log in, you're immediately given a warning message that says the current version is restricted to accounts that are part of the beta, and closing the message also closes steam.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I attended the UDS (remotely) where Valve said that people with email addresses in Launchpad would get access to the beta. I did not get an invite.. Does that mean the remote attendees did not qualify?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: STEAM on Linux BETA

Just be cautious using the bypass method, because Valve may ban your account. However, I don't think they should.

I am trying to find a way to benchmark using Steam Open SDK and Autopilot Ubuntu. No luck so far. Do you have anything in mind? How can we measure the FPS or make a timedemo ?
    Last edited by Dr.Paneas; November 7th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wonking in x64

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhome View Post
    I attended the UDS (remotely) where Valve said that people with email addresses in Launchpad would get access to the beta. I did not get an invite.. Does that mean the remote attendees did not qualify?
    As far as I know, no.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Linkified!

Beans
    Hidden!

Even if you use the bypass you don't get access to TF2 and I will assume to any other Valve games until they let you in.

At least now I have installed and played several Humble Bundle games, which is cool

Beans

Here's my guide to install the new nvidia drivers: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2081649
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Has anyone who has access to the beta been able to install on a partition separate to their root partition?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast