Hi stormbringer, and thanks already for the howto. It worked great a few days ago when i followed it. I'm using vmware to emulate a virtual machine with windows xp on it, and I was mapping driver E:\ as my linux home directory. It was ok, no problems.

Still, after a few days it stopped working and I still don't know why. I'm using my pc about 3 times a week, all I've been doing is mostly those kubuntu critical updates, and I'm not sure if I changed my password.

I thought this password problem was the issue, but still to make sure it worked again i decided to run the howto all over again.

checked samba install, stopped daemon, overwritten smb.conf with yours and reconfigured it again, pointing the samba path to /home/my_user. reconfigured windows on it too, removed that netbios-wins support thingy and added my ip again, but no luck. The DAPPER network computer is detected, MyFiles folder is detected, they always are, but when I try to map a drive to it, it says (after a few seconds attemping to connect)

"The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: An extended error has occurred."

The error is different when the daemon is stopped, so I assume it has something to do with the configuration.

What am I doing wrong? Sorry for the extended crying for help Thanks in advance.

PS: I have static ip address but sometimes it changes on ISP maitenance. I noticed the IP changed these past few days, but I've configured it again with the new IP.