Thread: Unity Launcher Reset After System Shutdown Freeze

Beans

Unity Launcher Reset After System Shutdown Freeze

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit which froze on shutdown - everything completely locked before the desktop environment had closed down. After a hard reset, my launcher bar had reverted to the standard application set, and my wallpaper had reset to the default picture.

After another restart, my wallpaper returned, but the launcher had the standard application plus two launchers which are usually on my desktop (they have never been on my launcher). I've looked through the logs, I must admit I don't really know what I'm looking for, but everything looks like a usual shutdown.

This is a new Ubuntu install on a Corsair SSD (+ encrypted home on a separate HD), I'm not sure if that's relevant, but I haven't seen any problems with 12.04 like this before on my system.

Any ideas on what I can do to track this problem down and what to do if it happens again?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Unity Launcher Reset After System Shutdown Freeze

I have exactly the same problem here. After freeze and hard shut down. Also Ubuntu 1204 64 bit with encrypted home directory.

Kind regards,
    Thomas