Page 50 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I guess I did a combination of the script and manual install. When the script took me to the Adobe GERMAN website for the flash, I abandoned that install effort and started with the instructions for the manual HowTo. I definitely want everything English on my system. Everything worked great. I have a clean install of Drake 64 and I want to make this browser correct before doing a deep backup.

I log off happy. The next day is when I begin to wonder.

On boot, after username/password -- ubuntu tells me the home folder will be ignored, even though I give it the correct username and password.

I've read every post on this thread. There is one brief mention about the "owner" in user/local/firefox32/plugins

one folder up -- firefox says I'm the owner
    plugins folder -- symlink to /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins
    lib32/firefox32/plugins -- Owner and Group Owner is root for all the plugins this HowTo explains about except for the java. I'm the owner for java plug-in.
    From the Permissions Tab for flash, mPlayer....
    Code:
    Text view: -rwxr-xr-x
    Number view: 1200755
    I'd like to change the owner to my user account to see if this fixes the logon problem. I don't know what all I need to change. The Group? The Owner?

Thanks in advance.

============
    Nevermind. I banged around in the forums. Found out I could reveal hidden files, look at the permissions tab for my User Folder and User /.dmrc and just click the checkmarks. Folder is now 744 and ./dmrc is 644. I boot normal. Great! I like this browser setup better than the Automatix2 Swiftfox because the Firefox32 is upgradeable. It does run slower than the Swiftfox and maybe the preferences in the Firefox32 will fine tune that. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Unterseeboot_234; December 28th, 2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: fixed
    "You don't do art because you want to, no, you do art because you have to." -- M. Buonarroti

Beans

EDIT: Please ignore the request. I was having problems with my wireless and didn't know it (since everything else worked). Got the file while hard-wired.

Could someone host the script and the deb files somewhere else please? My connection to the comcast server keeps getting reset, so I can't even start the process.

Thanks.
    Last edited by theasylm; December 28th, 2006 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Request no longer needed

Beans

Hi i followed the guide verbatim and got firefox32 2.0 to work with flash plugin
    and java i will try other things later. Just Wanna SAY THANKS. tears in my eyes. Flash in 64 bit was always causing me trouble
    great guide.
    oh u mite want to update the link for firefox in your Manual Install method. It still linked to firefox 1.5
    anyways thx thx
    Last edited by fokuslee; January 2nd, 2007 at 04:17 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I used this howto and it installed ff version 1.5. At least now i finally have flash working. I tried several things to get it to work with the amd64 version of ff 2.0 but no luck...

I was wondering why the howto installed ff 1.5? Is it possible to upgrade to 2.0?

Thanks for the great howto.

Gumper

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out.
    Last edited by Gumper; January 2nd, 2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Added never mind

Beans

hey firefox rolled out with an update can i safely update my 32bit firefox on 64bit machine?
    can i just click the install updates within 32bit firefox?
    if not can you update our 32bit deb when u have time thx a bunch

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Was just about to ask the same thing, my 64bit firefox is 1.5.0.9 but my 32bit is 1.5.0.7 I can download a 32bit 1.5.0.9 from Moz but its a tar.gz. I don't know how to convert that to .deb. So now my firefoxs' are out of sync.

Beans

leona for u there is a 2.0 version on the first page its the link in the auto install method
    hover ur mouse over it the bottom of ff2 should say itz a ff2 32bit
    but yeah itz the 2.0 version not the 2.0.0.1
    Last edited by fokuslee; January 4th, 2007 at 09:09 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Arr ya, but I can't install the 64bit version of 2.0 so then they would be way out of sync, I'd like to either have them both on 2.0 or 1.5 and keep the versions in sync, otherwise when the start up they complain about being older versions and wanted to update and all that, if that makes any sense?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by gearshifter View Post
    Alright, since the orginal firefox32 install i did wasn't working on Feisty, i decided to give this a run on the new Development version just for kicks.

Well, Everything ran GREAT, but everytime i run the firefox32 app it cannot connect to the internet and I get a page cannot be displayed.

(firefox-bin:10132): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(firefox-bin:10132): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
    [/code]

Anyone know if those might be the reasons?
    Same here. Any progress on this Gearshifter?

I don't get your pango errors however. It was working fine in Edgy, but the bump to Feisty seems to have stalled something.

Beans

Angry Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I'm getting java applet errors on my bank's login page (https://www2.bancobrasil.com.br/aapf/aai/login.pbk)

Page 50 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast