Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    This script is a way to run the 32bit firefox on the amd64 version of Ubuntu. That way all plugins will work. The script works on Dapper, Edgy, Feisty, Gutsy, and Hardy.
    Is it safe to run it on Intrepid? Any advice?
    Cheers
    JD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Is it safe to run it on Intrepid? Any advice?
    Cheers
    JD
    Hi!

Yes it is, I and many others have done it!

But the script will install old versions of browsers and also flash is old version! So its better to update them! May be java too, I don't remember!!

You will find ways how you can do those updates if you look posts page or two or three back from this page!

Good luck and ask if you have problems!

junnuh

Beans

Here is a stable version of flash 9(r31). Some users are reporting crashes in 8.10 with version 10.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5dj1dglmy2

Place in /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins and you're all set.

- Tim

Beans
    Distro

I have the following problem. I have kde4 and double-clicking the 3in1 file and selecting 'run in terminal' is not an option. So I assume
    Code:
    sh ./3in1
    is sufficient...and I get this error. I found an earlier post addressing this but if a workaround was listed I missed it. Thanks in advance!!!

fredizdman@kubuntubox:~/ff32-3in1$ sudo sh ./3in1
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/ff32': File exists
    --2008-12-10 18:07:55-- http://home.comcast.net/~ubuntume/ia...efox-amd64.deb
    Resolving home.comcast.net... 216.87.188.9
    Connecting to home.comcast.net|216.87.188.9|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable

The file is already fully retrieved; nothing to do.

(Reading database ... 119903 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace ia32-lib-firefox 0.1 (using ia32-lib-firefox-amd64.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement ia32-lib-firefox ...
    Setting up ia32-lib-firefox (0.1) ...
    ./3in1: 26: function: not found

Also, I am running Intrepid, but most people said that wasn't really a problem. I just want to play on pogo.com
    Last edited by Fredizdman; December 11th, 2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: extra info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpurple View Post
    my wish for cristhmass ??
    a script to install under ubuntu 8.10-64bit, Adobe flash 10, java 32, ecc

Thank you
    I agree. WRT the browser and plugins, 8.10 is a big step back for me. I had 32 bit Firefox 3.0.3 working sort of OK. At least flash was working which is more than I have on the 64 bit browser. Then it updated itself to 3.0.5 and all plugins are gone.

I also need a working Java plugin and can't seem to figure out how to do that.

I've fiddled with Linus for years now since before the v1.0 kernel was out. I'm really tired of taking days or weeks to get stuff working. I just want it to work.

Maybe its time to just switch back to 32 bit Linux.

Oh well... Many thanks to Kilz for keeping this effort going this far. His desire to leave it behind leaves us knowing how much of a difference he made.

-hank

Beans
    Distro

HI KILZ!

This howto is Obsolete
    When I started this thread long ago on June 23, 2006 I never in would have thought it would last this long and help so many people. It may yet help someone. But for the majority of users this is outdated info. A 64bit Flash and Sun Java plugin are available. Granted they are still under development, but both seem to work as well if not better than the 32bit.
    Its been fun, but I wont be actively supporting this thread any more. I encourage all 64bit users to move to the 64bit plugins asap.

Kilz
    Thank you for using so much effort for this, you have done great job!

with light junnuh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

native 64-bit java and flash are working!

After getting fed-up with nspluginwrapper crashing ever few pages, I just got firefox working with all 64-bit plugins that were released two weeks ago.

Flash can be downloaded here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html (see tar.gz link at the bottom)

It's a fairly straightforward install--copy the plugin into a plugins directory--make sure you have removed anything to do with "nspluginwrapper".

Java can be downloaded at http://download.java.net/jdk6/ (go the very last section, AMD64 Linux)

extract java to /usr/local/jdk (or jre).

For java, the plugin is in jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
    (Don't look in plugins because that folder is empty)

Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/java java /usr/local/jre/bin/java 100
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/jar jar /usr/local/jre/bin/jar 100
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/javac javac /usr/local/jdk/bin/javac 100

sudo update-alternatives --config java
    sudo update-alternatives --config javac
    sudo update-alternatives --config jar

java -version

sudo ln -s /usr/local/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    Hope this helps

Beans

Re: native 64-bit java and flash are working!

Quote Originally Posted by pathorn View Post
    After getting fed-up with nspluginwrapper crashing ever few pages, I just got firefox working with all 64-bit plugins that were released two weeks ago.

Flash can be downloaded here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html (see tar.gz link at the bottom)

It's a fairly straightforward install--copy the plugin into a plugins directory--make sure you have removed anything to do with "nspluginwrapper".
    I've been trying like crazy to install 32 bit libs and different 64 bit plugins and are beginning to wonder if I should just install XP instead...

What plugin directory is it that file should be copied to, and what more has to be done?

Beans

/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ seems to work for me (Kubuntu -- 8.04.1 Hardy Heron AMD-64). I copied the v10 flash .so file to every damn plugin directory there is and it works. For now.

Someone should update that nice and fancy step-by-step guide with screenshots and all.

Beans

Re: native 64-bit java and flash are working!

Quote Originally Posted by pathorn View Post

Java can be downloaded at http://download.java.net/jdk6/ (go the very last section, AMD64 Linux)

extract java to /usr/local/jdk (or jre).

For java, the plugin is in jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
    (Don't look in plugins because that folder is empty)

Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/java java /usr/local/jre/bin/java 100
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/jar jar /usr/local/jre/bin/jar 100
    sudo update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/javac javac /usr/local/jdk/bin/javac 100

sudo update-alternatives --config java
    sudo update-alternatives --config javac
    sudo update-alternatives --config jar

java -version

sudo ln -s /usr/local/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    Hope this helps
    To get this to work, I had to put libnpjp2.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ NOT /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.

Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast