Page 86 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    All the browsers on the first page are firefox varients. Flock, swiftweasel, and iceweasel.
    Whats the difference? In the firefox browsers address bar type in about:buildconfig. Copy the page to a file. Close the browser and do the same with the 64bit firefox. You will see some options enabled or disabled differently when you compare it to the file. If pango or freetype2 are disabled it can effect font rendering. Sadly building firefox is one of the hardest builds, I have had no sucess at it.
    For the most part Firefox32 was never intended to be a perfect replacement for the 64bit version. I am not a developer, I am a user, just like you. I dont know how to do a lot of the fine tuning that would make one font look a little better. My main concern is getting plugins to work so you have access to content the 64bit version will not play.
    I will look into seeing if we can improve the fonts. But I cant guarantee anything.
    Configure arguments
    --enable-application=browser --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging --enable-official-branding --disable-debug '--enable-optimize=-Os -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -gstabs+' --disable-tests --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-xft --disable-freetype2 --enable-svg --enable-canvas --enable-static --disable-shared

freetype2 is disabled!
    but i used the same firefox32 you all used, dont you have this issue too?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by ultra2k View Post
    Configure arguments
    --enable-application=browser --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging --enable-official-branding --disable-debug '--enable-optimize=-Os -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -gstabs+' --disable-tests --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-xft --disable-freetype2 --enable-svg --enable-canvas --enable-static --disable-shared

freetype2 is disabled!
    but i used the same firefox32 you all used, dont you have this issue too?
    I dont, or I dont notice it on the sites I visit. I have asked stickk, the person who builds swiftweasel if he could build a version with freetype since swiftweasel doesn't have it either.
    Last edited by Kilz; June 4th, 2007 at 07:33 AM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

why not a repo? http://www.tuxfamily.org/ offer space for free

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I dont, or I dont notice it on the sites I visit. I have asked stickk, the person who builds swiftweasel if he could build a version with freetype since swiftweasel doesn't have it either.
    the build from getfirefox are without freetype2 too

firefox64 in feisty is build with those flags
    --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/firefox --enable-pango --with-user-appdir=.mozilla --with-system-png=/usr --with-system-jpeg=/usr --disable-mailnews --disable-composer --disable-ldap --enable-postscript --disable-installer --disable-xprint --enable-crypto --disable-strip --disable-strip-libs --enable-canvas --enable-svg --enable-svg-renderer=cairo --enable-system-cairo --enable-mathml --disable-tests --disable-gtktest --disable-debug --enable-xft '--enable-optimize=-pipe\ -w\ -O2\ -g\ -fno-strict-aliasing' --with-system-zlib=/usr --without-system-nspr --enable-xinerama --enable-extensions=default --disable-pedantic --disable-long-long-warning --enable-single-profile --disable-profilesharing --enable-gnomevfs --enable-application=browser --disable-installer --disable-updater --enable-chrome-format=flat --disable-elf-dynstr-gc --enable-system-myspell --enable-libthai --with-distribution-id=com.ubuntu --enable-official-branding
    Last edited by ultra2k; June 4th, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by zekus View Post
    why not a repo? http://www.tuxfamily.org/ offer space for free
    Thanks Ill take a look.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

^ +1 for a repo

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ultra2k View Post
    the build from getfirefox are without freetype2 too

firefox64 in feisty is build with those flags
    --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/firefox --enable-pango --with-user-appdir=.mozilla --with-system-png=/usr --with-system-jpeg=/usr --disable-mailnews --disable-composer --disable-ldap --enable-postscript --disable-installer --disable-xprint --enable-crypto --disable-strip --disable-strip-libs --enable-canvas --enable-svg --enable-svg-renderer=cairo --enable-system-cairo --enable-mathml --disable-tests --disable-gtktest --disable-debug --enable-xft '--enable-optimize=-pipe\ -w\ -O2\ -g\ -fno-strict-aliasing' --with-system-zlib=/usr --without-system-nspr --enable-xinerama --enable-extensions=default --disable-pedantic --disable-long-long-warning --enable-single-profile --disable-profilesharing --enable-gnomevfs --enable-application=browser --disable-installer --disable-updater --enable-chrome-format=flat --disable-elf-dynstr-gc --enable-system-myspell --enable-libthai --with-distribution-id=com.ubuntu --enable-official-branding
    I have a feeling that its the pango that is what needs to be enabled. Stickk has created the files. Try one of these 2, nocona for Intel, atholon for amd.
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/swi...untu-AMD64.deb
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/swi...untu-AMD64.deb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Fraoch View Post
    I may have had the 32-bit browser open. Definitely not the 64-bit.

Afterward, when I typed "firefox" or "firefox32" on the command-line, I always got the 32-bit.

Running the script, then the 2.0.0.4 32-bit deb, fixed it.

So I should have been able to just use the 2.0.0.4 deb without having to re-run the script?
    I think I see the issue here. Kilz, you're right, firefox and firefox32 are separate and kept in separate directories - Synaptic even tracks them and their installed files separately.

The thing is, it appeared for a while my symlinks (not sure if that's the right term) have gotten messed up. There's a "firefox", not a firefox32, in usr/local/firefox32. There's was also a "firefox" symlink in usr/sbin that pointed to /usr/lib/firefox (i.e. the 64-bit Firefox). So when I typed "firefox" on the command line, it was a crapshoot which one would come up - 64-bit or 32-bit. On separate occasions, I had gotten both 64-bit and 32-bit versions to come up with this command. "firefox32" always resulted in the 32-bit version as expected.

The symlink in usr/sbin is now gone (?) so everything works as expected - "firefox" brings up the 64-bit version and "firefox32" the 32-bit

Incidentally I just installed Swiftweasel that you referenced above. Very fast and the font rendering is much nicer.

Beans

thanks a lot... really, really tahnk you very much

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ipina View Post
    Hi, thanks for your post. I'm not able to run the firefox32 web browser however. I installed the basic script and then .deb file for firefox. I see firefox32 in applications, but clicking on it, it doesn't work (firefox32 seems to initialize and then nothing). If run from a terminal, following are errors that I get:
    [LinSipina : ~ · 19:13:29] $ firefox32
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    /usr/local/firefox32/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I'd greatly appreciate any help. Best regards.
    Hi again Kilz. Very sorry to say that I'm getting the same error as the above quote. I decided to run your new script from desktop (it was my mistake one week ago no to do so), after downloaded the .deb file for Feisty (the ia32-libs-gtk_25_amd64). I have to say anyway that this last lib was installed on the system (synaptic package manager indicates it's a shared lib for with OpenOffice.org). On the other hand, I'd like to tell you that libgobject-2.0.so.0 is on my system as a link to shared library, and that libgobject-2.0.so.0.1200.11 is also present as shared library, both of them in /usr/lib. So I'm somewhat confused because I don't understand where the error is and, more importantly, what to do. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Page 86 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast