Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
All the browsers on the first page are firefox varients. Flock, swiftweasel, and iceweasel.
Whats the difference? In the firefox browsers address bar type in about:buildconfig. Copy the page to a file. Close the browser and do the same with the 64bit firefox. You will see some options enabled or disabled differently when you compare it to the file. If pango or freetype2 are disabled it can effect font rendering. Sadly building firefox is one of the hardest builds, I have had no sucess at it.
For the most part Firefox32 was never intended to be a perfect replacement for the 64bit version. I am not a developer, I am a user, just like you. I dont know how to do a lot of the fine tuning that would make one font look a little better. My main concern is getting plugins to work so you have access to content the 64bit version will not play.
I will look into seeing if we can improve the fonts. But I cant guarantee anything.
Configure arguments
--enable-application=browser --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging --enable-official-branding --disable-debug '--enable-optimize=-Os -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -gstabs+' --disable-tests --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-xft --disable-freetype2 --enable-svg --enable-canvas --enable-static --disable-shared

freetype2 is disabled!
but i used the same firefox32 you all used, dont you have this issue too?