Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Smile Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

thanks you for this very nice script ! it has worked like a charm on a fresh new install of ubuntu 8 and after I tried to install java manually and had to hack it unsuccessfuly... your script does it perfectly !!

good job !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Thanks I installed it fine but now I decided that its not that much better than my 64bit firefox so I want to remove the 32bit version this told me how to install, how do I go about doing that?

P.S. I deleted the firefox32 folder like it said to on mozilla but firefox32 is still listed under applications> internet is there any way to get rid of that?
    Last edited by zdog291; May 15th, 2008 at 11:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by zdog291 View Post
    Thanks I installed it fine but now I decided that its not that much better than my 64bit firefox so I want to remove the 32bit version this told me how to install, how do I go about doing that?

P.S. I deleted the firefox32 folder like it said to on mozilla but firefox32 is still listed under applications> internet is there any way to get rid of that?
    Since you deleted part of a package Im not sure its possible to uninstall firefox32 now.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans

I had to go through a painful reinstall of Firefox 2.0 for AMD64 in order to get my citrix (used for logging into work) going again... That's all good now. But, I'm having trouble now getting the hellafox add on installed. Anyone have experience with this one? I got an error when installing it but now it shows up in my add ons list but says it will be uninstalled when firefox restarts... but, it never goes away. Tried just reinstalling over it but that doesn't help. This worked fine before the 8.04 upgrade.vkuuxfit.default/

Hellafox wiki: http://z0g.org/hellafox/index.php?title=Main_Page

====

As always seems to happen, struggled with this for ages then 15 mins after posting I figure it out... I ended up not only removing the .mozilla/firefox/vkuuxfit.default/extensions directory but also removed extensions.rdf and extensions.cache in the vkuukfit.default dir. Had to reinstall adblock but no big deal. Everything works again...
    Last edited by romeyde; May 17th, 2008 at 03:25 AM. Reason: fixed it

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The extensions are in a hidden folder in your home folder, inside that is a randomly named folder.
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/random/extensions
    Click Go and Location in nautilus and type
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/
    Inside the extensions folder is a bunch of random folders, they contain the extensions. inside you will find a install.rdf. There is a name tag that in that file that will tell you what extension it is. You can safely delete extensions and restart firefox to remove them.
    Well... I ended up slightly confused about what to remove and it seems that I made a big mistake by biting the bullet and just deleting the .mozilla folder. You probably won't be surprised that the install script doesn't work for me now...

Ho hum. How do I fix it?

Your support of this thread is much appreciated by the way! although I'm tempted to do a fresh install of 32bit Ubuntu to reduce the hassles.

[Edit: Update]

Sorted now. Removed everything FF related in Synaptic and started from scratch. Also had to change the command in the launcher from firefox-2 %u to firefox32 %u when I found that it was running okay when started from a terminal window. Living and learning...
    Last edited by dullard; May 20th, 2008 at 02:10 PM.

Very hopeful that this script will help me run a Java applet that I need that no longer works for me with 64-bit Firefox.

1. What you are running (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) - Ubuntu
    2. Your version of (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) - Hardy
    3. The exact name of the tar.gz file you downloaded. - ff32-3in1-6.2.8-1.tar.gz
    4. Open the Browser, click Help then About Firefox. Copy the bottom section starting with "Mozilla/5.0" and paste it into the reply. - NA
    5. Provide the reply to ls -al /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins - ls: cannot access /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins: No such file or directory

Somehow it seems that nothing got installed. There is no Firefox32 bin file and no 32 bit Firefox menu entry. Unfortunately the script gave no indication that there was a problem. Any advice?
    Last edited by Mitch; May 21st, 2008 at 01:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Very hopeful that this script will help me run a Java applet that I need that no longer works for me with 64-bit Firefox.

1. What you are running (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) - Ubuntu
    2. Your version of (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) - Hardy
    3. The exact name of the tar.gz file you downloaded. - ff32-3in1-6.2.8-1.tar.gz
    4. Open the Browser, click Help then About Firefox. Copy the bottom section starting with "Mozilla/5.0" and paste it into the reply. - NA
    5. Provide the reply to ls -al /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins - ls: cannot access /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins: No such file or directory

Somehow it seems that nothing got installed. There is no Firefox32 bin file and no 32 bit Firefox menu entry. Unfortunately the script gave no indication that there was a problem. Any advice?
    drag the 3in1 script onto your desktop
    open a terminal ant type
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop
    ./3in1
    Let the script run, do not close the terminal.
    If nothing is installed highlight the contents of the terminal from the very start, right click copy, open up the text editor, paste the info in, save the file and attach it to a post here.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Great script, thank you. I think this command should be reversed though
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins/ /usr/local/java/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    It should be
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/java/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so  /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins/
    at least that's what I had to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi Kilz, I was wondering what font you use for the Firefox menus and GUI, since I want my Firefox64 to look like Firefox32.

Thanks.

Beans

When will you be writing a guide for the Firefox 3 RC? I use it on all the machines I use and it's rock solid. Although all I mostly use it flash with nsplugin wrapper.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast