Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I had compiz extra and normal desktop effects but i've turned off and removed those yet I still don't get any sound. I've made sure i've got all the updates for feisty, java works fine and i get sound but still theres no sound from flash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by _tigg_ View Post
    I had compiz extra and normal desktop effects but i've turned off and removed those yet I still don't get any sound. I've made sure i've got all the updates for feisty, java works fine and i get sound but still theres no sound from flash
    Have you looked over the howto and applied the things designed to make sound work in flash, including those found in the manual part of thew howto? If so, what was done so we dont duplicate them here.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Installed the new Swiftweasel today (thanks Kilz!!) but lost Flash.

I went through the Flash installation procedure on page 1 but it didn't help.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how my former Swiftweasel picked up the Flash install in the first place. I can't remember, but it was a special optimized build for better font rendering.

Anything I might have missed? I'm OK with the crappy/small fonts but it'd be nice to get Flash back. I probably have Flash in Firefox32 since I went through the install on the first page, but it would be nice to stick with Swiftweasel if possible.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Fraoch View Post
    Installed the new Swiftweasel today (thanks Kilz!!) but lost Flash.

I went through the Flash installation procedure on page 1 but it didn't help.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how my former Swiftweasel picked up the Flash install in the first place. I can't remember, but it was a special optimized build for better font rendering.

Anything I might have missed? I'm OK with the crappy/small fonts but it'd be nice to get Flash back. I probably have Flash in Firefox32 since I went through the install on the first page, but it would be nice to stick with Swiftweasel if possible.
    There was a problem with the file, SticKK (the person who creates Swiftweasel) fixed the problem. Please download the new file and install it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Talking Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

That did it! Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Wonderful, Sound at last. I hadn't tried the manual howto part of the instillation. It all works fine now. Thanks for all the help Kilz really appreciate it.

Beans

The script worked great. Thanks!

Beans

having a problem after running the auto install script

have fiesty 7.0.4

and the problem is when i click the firefox32 icon, it does not launch. trying to launch it from the terminal gives me this error:

mrtoe@mrtoe-laptop:~$ firefox32
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    /usr/local/firefox32/run-mozilla.sh: 424: /usr/local/firefox32/firefox-bin: not found

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mrtoe View Post
    having a problem after running the auto install script

have fiesty 7.0.4

and the problem is when i click the firefox32 icon, it does not launch. trying to launch it from the terminal gives me this error:

mrtoe@mrtoe-laptop:~$ firefox32
    /usr/local/firefox32/run-mozilla.sh: 424: /usr/local/firefox32/firefox-bin: not found

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Download the firefox deb on the top page and install it. It looks like a file is missing , and thats the easiest way to fix it.

Beans

Angry Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Re: Flash Player (Kubuntu feisty fawn)

Strange, but true...
    I installed the script on the root user, worked great.

Couldn't get it to work on other users for weeks.

Tonight, I got it to work for the other user ONE TIME!!

Now, after shutting down Firefox (as other user) b/c it froze, when I returned and navigate to the web site I want, the page loads, but not the part of the page that says" to play video, click here"

I went to the "aboutlugins" address, and everything seems fine and enabled

Back in root user, it works fine...
    Haaaalp!!

Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast