Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

you rock

This worked like a charm for me.
    I now have firefox, java and flash with sound.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: CNN on (K)Ubuntu

You can play CNN videos in Kubuntu using Kaffeine player, which is based on mplayer as far as I know. Just open the CNN video and copy the URL of the video into Kaffeine. Should work with all MPlayer based videos. I'm using 32 bit Kubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04 and since you can run 32 bit apps in 64 bit Ubuntu I figured that you should be able to play the same things in 64 bit.
    Web Application Design and linux support:
    Tim-H. Heuer.

Beans

Re: Error when using Adept (installing other software)

Quote Originally Posted by Mguel View Post
    I've installed firefox32, and the ui doesn't change (so is not a swiftweasel problem) and played with the GTK display settings in kubuntu and they only affect firefox (64) but not swiftweasel32 nor firefox32 reflect any change.

I'm putting a screenshot of the GUI so you can see:

gtk32: gtk64:

Cheers,
    Mguel
    Hi again.
    I finally get this "solved"... it's the gtk2-engines libs from 32b that miss in the /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/ directory.
    Since install both versions of the package would conflicts (at /usr/lib/) i just download package gtk2-engines-pixbuf_2.10.11-0ubuntu3_i386.deb from here, extract engines directory and copied all to /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/

hth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Thanks for doing all the work, here is something that will make it easier for some users.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Thanks for doing all the work, here is something that will make it easier for some users.
    he he, half of the work... thank you for make a deb for it. Much more practical.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,
    A couple of nights ago I followed the how-to and installed swift-weasel 32 yadda yadda, but then when I went to try and download something it wouldn't download the file - it would just show "done" in the status bar. Even if i right-clicked and selected "save target as", it still wouldn't download. So I tried my 64bit firefox and it was doing the same thing! So, I figured it must have been something I installed in the how-to so backtracked all the steps to remove 32bit stuff, but no luck. Rebooted the computer and still no luck. I've tried different site, right mouse click, checked the options for downloading but nothing makes any difference! Has anyone else come across this after installing 32bit ff? How do I get my 64bit FF working again??

Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by j0sh0 View Post
    Hi,
    A couple of nights ago I followed the how-to and installed swift-weasel 32 yadda yadda, but then when I went to try and download something it wouldn't download the file - it would just show "done" in the status bar. Even if i right-clicked and selected "save target as", it still wouldn't download. So I tried my 64bit firefox and it was doing the same thing! So, I figured it must have been something I installed in the how-to so backtracked all the steps to remove 32bit stuff, but no luck. Rebooted the computer and still no luck. I've tried different site, right mouse click, checked the options for downloading but nothing makes any difference! Has anyone else come across this after installing 32bit ff? How do I get my 64bit FF working again??

Thanks for the help!
    Swiftweasel and Firefox share no files, 0, they dont even share a settings folder. I dont think its possible for one to affect the other. Even if you installed 32 bit firefox, they are in complete separate folders , not even in the same top folder.
    Did you install anything else?

Beans

Besides the fact that the automated script works like a charm and I can finally access my bank's website, about the themes, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see isn't it "just" a matter of compiling the theme engines we want for 32 bits so the browsers could use the lib?

Note that I haven't gone this way to check if it is this. My only reason to move to Ubuntu was so I could get (mostly) away from compiling stuff.

Beans

For some reason it didn't work the first time when I hit option "3" to install Firefox, but it worked the second time when I just hit enter.

Awesome, very helpful script! Thank you very much.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nitio View Post
    Besides the fact that the automated script works like a charm and I can finally access my bank's website, about the themes, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see isn't it "just" a matter of compiling the theme engines we want for 32 bits so the browsers could use the lib?

Note that I haven't gone this way to check if it is this. My only reason to move to Ubuntu was so I could get (mostly) away from compiling stuff.
    Yes you could compile the theme engine yourself. But if the engine exists as a 32bit package its just as easy to extract the files and copy them into place in /usr/lib32.
    I posted a package a few posts back that installs a 32bit theme engine to 64bit to help the new users that Ubuntu has a never ending supply of.

Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast