Page 90 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Yeah, I'm really new to linux, and I've yet to have time to sit and learn it. These forums are a great help, and thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

JJJj :smh: Justttt did a fresh ammmmd64 install and tried your scripppt. Flash and mplayer plugins are totally choppy with out of sync audio. AAAAaaany ideas?
    IIIIIiits so bad that it pretty much makes things unwatchable. Flash plays the audio correct bbbbbut the video is out of sync and mplayer is totally choppy. No network issues whatsoever. Cache settings adjustments dont do anything either.
    kernel 2.6.20-16-generic Pentium D, 2gb ram, nvidia 6200 running nvidia driver via envy on twinview setup.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Error when using Adept (installing other software)

Quote Originally Posted by kalpik View Post
    Just create a symlink from swiftweasel32 to swiftweasel..
    Thanks! (sorry for my late answer I messed my settings for forum notification).

I have a sort of silly question (not important) about swiftweasel32 GUI:

The borders of toolbar, menu, status bar, scroll bar, etc and also open and save dialog windows with a "dark" border (darker or maybe wider than on firefox64 or other GTK apps) which give an older and uglier look to swiftweasel. Is there a way to correct this? I'm not sure if the GTK settings of the system are being used for 32 bit app, or is there a config file I can tweak to get the "normal" look?

cheers,
    Mguel

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mguel View Post
    I have a sort of silly question (not important) about swiftweasel32 GUI:

The borders of toolbar, menu, status bar, scroll bar, etc and also open and save dialog windows with a "dark" border (darker or maybe wider than on firefox64 or other GTK apps) which give an older and uglier look to swiftweasel. Is there a way to correct this? I'm not sure if the GTK settings of the system are being used for 32 bit app, or is there a config file I can tweak to get the "normal" look?

cheers,
    Mguel
    Yes swiftweasel render gtk themes strangely (old ones specially)

You need to search for a gtk theme that works and you like.
    It works with Human and Silicon (the human without strong orange) as examples...
    Works with gtk that allow change configuration of Color themes (on gnome-theme-manager)
    I decided to use Glossy (installed by gnome-themes) cause it's very neutral, good look and one can tune the main colors for integrates well in his/her desktop/icon set...

Don't know if this is a but or if there is a way to configure better.

edit:
    btw. I don't like Opaque ff theme. Toke me a lot of time to discover how to get one close to original (that i like).
    If anyone interested, use (sorry it's ridicule i know, but...):
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4484
    Last edited by Rui Pais; June 16th, 2007 at 11:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rui Pais View Post
    Yes swiftweasel render gtk themes strangely (old ones specially)

You need to search for a gtk theme that works and you like.
    It works with Human and Silicon (the human without strong orange) as examples...
    Works with gtk that allow change configuration of Color themes (on gnome-theme-manager)...
    Ups, I forgot to mention thay I'm on kubuntu, but from your answer I can see that it's a bit of a swiftweasel problem, but also that it uses the system gtk settings, so I will play with them to see if I can improve its appearence.

thanks,
    Mguel

Beans

I just tried the new browser install script, and I just want to say it went seamlessly. I think the only change I would have made is a notification/confirmation that it completed. In this case the script just terminated and for a second I thought it crashed. Otherwise it was perfect. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Ups, I forgot to mention thay I'm on kubuntu, but from your answer I can see that it's a bit of a swiftweasel problem, but also that it uses the system gtk settings, so I will play with them to see if I can improve its appearence.

thanks,
    Mguel
    I've installed firefox32, and the ui doesn't change (so is not a swiftweasel problem) and played with the GTK display settings in kubuntu and they only affect firefox (64) but not swiftweasel32 nor firefox32 reflect any change.

I'm putting a screenshot of the GUI so you can see:

gtk32: gtk64:

Cheers,
    Mguel

Beans

I've installed firefox32, and the ui doesn't change (so is not a swiftweasel problem) and played with the GTK display settings in kubuntu and they only affect firefox (64) but not swiftweasel32 nor firefox32 reflect any change
    Yes, its a gtk issue (or an engine issue) probably cause the 32b app is rendering the theme using some 64b library from default gtk install...
    As i said before some themes renders correctly while others don't. It may need to have some libs from 32b gtk copied to /usr/lib32... (but which one?)

here some screenshots of mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swiftweasel-human.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	35662
    with the gnome default Human (work)

Name:	Swiftweasel-Glossy.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	35663
    with the gnome Glossy (work)

Name:	Swiftweasel-grey.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	35664
    with the Grey theme (bad look)

All from swiftweasel32

Beans

I still do not have mplayer working on CNN.com. My work PC win XP is okay. Previously I ran your edgy script and the Mplayer came up but all I get is a flashing text of what it is trying to load on what should be the video screen. I ran your 3 in 1 script and I get the same thing.

one thing I noticed in the terminal window was mplayer 2007130-1-amd64.deb no write permissions and an error in there somewhere.

I must be doing something wrong. I gzip -d fname then tar -xf fname and clicked on the script which ran in a terminal window. Is the verbage it generated stored somewhere?

Regards Ian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

i've installed the swiftweasel-intel with flash and java using kilzs ff32-3in1 script all works fine but i need to install java6 i tried installing manually but am getting nowhere i presume its possible because 5 runs fine?

Page 90 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast