Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

As always, great work Kilz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Working fine here, thanks!

For newbies like me, if you have a Firefox shortcut in your bottom panel, right-click it, select "Properties" and change "Command" to "firefox32". Mine read "firefox %u", now it reads "firefox32 %u".

Also go to System - Preferences - Preferred Applications and in the Internet tab, Web Browser, select "Custom" rather than Firefox from the dropdown list, then change "Command" to "firefox32". Mine read "firefox %s", now it reads "firefox32 %s".

Correct me if I'm wrong here Kilz, but this keeps Firefox 64 for system help but uses Firefox 32 for everything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Fraoch View Post
    Working fine here, thanks!

For newbies like me, if you have a Firefox shortcut in your bottom panel, right-click it, select "Properties" and change "Command" to "firefox32". Mine read "firefox %u", now it reads "firefox32 %u".

Also go to System - Preferences - Preferred Applications and in the Internet tab, Web Browser, select "Custom" rather than Firefox from the dropdown list, then change "Command" to "firefox32". Mine read "firefox %s", now it reads "firefox32 %s".

Correct me if I'm wrong here Kilz, but this keeps Firefox 64 for system help but uses Firefox 32 for everything else.
    Yes, Firefox 32 doesnt replace the 64bit Firefox. Because there are some things that use the 64bit firefox like the help file reader that opens when you click on a help button in a program.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Awesome. Everything works now Only reason left to boot to windows now is games.... now only to get WINE working...

Beans

i did this and everything installed great and Firefox 32 bit showed up in my Applications menu...but
    i still didn't get any sound. i killed all apps...still no sound.
    i think it has something to do with the fact that i turned off my sound card in BIOS in order to run my USB
    speakers which work...is there any way i could get Flash to recognize them? right now pretty much only
    gaim and mp3s and movies make sound on my computer...
    thanks for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Installed on Feisty, AMD64, Works great! Now if only shockwave would work... Oh well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    That means that there are still plugins with the wrapper someplace on your computer. Where is a good question, they could be any place since there is no nspluginwrapper directory. The user chooses where its installed. You might want to do a search and delete what you find.
    Brilliant! This was the case indeed for me. If you are having issues with everything else working except for Flash, 'sudo updatedb' to reindex, then 'locate npwrapper' to see if npwrapper.libflashplayer.so is hiding somewhere. If you find it just delete it and restart Firefox32.

Thanks Kilz!

Beans

I wish this thread was a sticky. I look it up every time I install ubuntu, and this time, it was back in the 4th page of my "firefox 32" search.

Kudos to Kilz!

Beans

75 pages long, can't search all that so I'll ask here

Will this work on my Intel Core 2 Duo Ubuntu 64bit Feisty?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TalkJesus View Post
    75 pages long, can't search all that so I'll ask here

Will this work on my Intel Core 2 Duo Ubuntu 64bit Feisty?
    I haven't used this script with a Core 2 Duo, but I see no reason why your experience would be any different than mine. I just downloaded and ran the Feisty script with no problems. I used it to install Firefox, Flash, Java, and the Mplayer plugin. I've also used the script for Edgy in the past.

Page 75 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast