Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

How do I run Firefox once installed? I tried with
    $firefox
    and
    $firefox32

But it run the previusly version of firefox I had.

(The previous one is firefox 1.5 with plugin, from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxAMD64FlashJava)

Now I have downloaded the script from the first post.
    Last edited by matog; October 26th, 2006 at 01:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Did a fresh install of Edgy RC1 today, and ran the latest Kilz script to get 32bit FF2.0+flash/java/mplayer. There is, if I have interpreted my error messages and this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1650931 correctly, a conflict between mplayer32 and ia32-libs-openoffice.org - I'm getting missing dependencies from the above openoffice package. If I've read it right, Conq is coming up with a new package to resolve this?? Anyway, for me at least mplayer32 is unusable until the missing dependencies are resolved. If you install the current ia32-libs-openoffice package in Synaptic, it conflicts with mplayer32.

The suggestion Conq makes of extracting the various missing files is doable but I don't fancy it - it does the usual thing of each time you supply one missing dependency, asking for another, and I've no idea which ones or how many are actually needed to solve it. Looks like patience is needed until the new package arrives. Feel free to correct this if I've got this wrong.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by kez View Post
    Did a fresh install of Edgy RC1 today, and ran the latest Kilz script to get 32bit FF2.0+flash/java/mplayer. There is, if I have interpreted my error messages and this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1650931 correctly, a conflict between mplayer32 and ia32-libs-openoffice.org - I'm getting missing dependencies from the above openoffice package. If I've read it right, Conq is coming up with a new package to resolve this?? Anyway, for me at least mplayer32 is unusable until the missing dependencies are resolved. If you install the current ia32-libs-openoffice package in Synaptic, it conflicts with mplayer32.

The suggestion Conq makes of extracting the various missing files is doable but I don't fancy it - it does the usual thing of each time you supply one missing dependency, asking for another, and I've no idea which ones or how many are actually needed to solve it. Looks like patience is needed until the new package arrives. Feel free to correct this if I've got this wrong.

I will see what I can do about adding the file. But if I knew what libraries it askes for next it may help.
    Last edited by Kilz; October 26th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Just wanted to say thanks for the great guide! Was very useful and very easy to follow and the only issue that I have is sound not working but I'll get that figured out in due time. Not a big issue at the moment. But thanks again for the guide.

Beans

Wondering if anyone else is having a bit of display problems with Flash 9 beta & Firefox 2.0? When I installed Firefox 2.0 I got a black frame around some of the flash animations.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I will see what I can do about adding the file. But if I knew what libraries it askes for next it may help.

I wish had more time this evening to sit down and work through this but I'm posting on the run as it is.

This is how it starts:

Code:
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Then if you locate the libaudio.so.2 files from the /usr/lib32/ folder in the extracted data.tar.gz_FILES folder of the ia32-lib-openoffice package as mentioned in Conq's post http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=113, and copy them to /usr/lib32/ to satisy this, then run mplayer again, it asks for another dependency from that openoffice folder, and so on - I can't give you much more right now as I didn't get too far into it last night due to time constraints. I may not have even been doing it right in the first place. The only consolation is that this seems to be a known issue, so it might be worth asking Conq?

Really sorry I can't be of more assistance. There are definite limits to my knowledge anyway, so...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Just had to give you a big, fat, freakin' THANKS for this... I actually WORKED!

Made this n00b very happy...

I even got my flash SOUND to work!! (Turns out, the soundcard wasn't properly selected in my System/Preferences/Sound (!!!)

It's how-to's like this that will keep the Evil Vista away!

Yippie!! Firefox 2.0 AND Flash 9!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

First of, huge thanks to Kilz for the amount of follow up. I've seen quite a number of communities before but I can't say I've seen any as supportive as this.

Next, I used to have a problem with mplayer buffering up to 99% and then just sitting there, whenever I'd hit rightclick -> play it would stop. So I tested a few things and ended up getting it to work as follows.

You should first check if you have both the 64 and 32 mplayer versions, or this won't work, so check by doing:
    Code:
    ls -al /usr/bin/mplayer*
    Then, if your result looks like this:
    Code:
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8212848 2006-10-13 03:25 /usr/bin/mplayer
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7251160 2006-06-04 22:31 /usr/bin/mplayer64
    Do the following:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    sudo mv /usr/bin/mplayer mplayer32
    sudo mv /usr/bin/mplayer64 mplayer
    Restart firefox and test. This did the trick for me, hope it helps anyone else out there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by div- View Post
    First of, huge thanks to Kilz for the amount of follow up. I've seen quite a number of communities before but I can't say I've seen any as supportive as this.

Next, I used to have a problem with mplayer buffering up to 99% and then just sitting there, whenever I'd hit rightclick -> play it would stop. So I tested a few things and ended up getting it to work as follows.

You should first check if you have both the 64 and 32 mplayer versions, or this won't work, so check by doing:
    Code:
    ls -al /usr/bin/mplayer*
    Then, if your result looks like this:
    Code:
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8212848 2006-10-13 03:25 /usr/bin/mplayer
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7251160 2006-06-04 22:31 /usr/bin/mplayer64
    Do the following:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    sudo mv /usr/bin/mplayer mplayer32
    sudo mv /usr/bin/mplayer64 mplayer
    Restart firefox and test. This did the trick for me, hope it helps anyone else out there.
    Are you using Edgy?
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Are you using Edgy?
    I am, sorry forgot to mention that, I'm a bit of a simpleton

Page 40 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast