Page 156 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Lightbulb Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I had some troubles with c cedilla (like Ç, instead Ć). In Brazil we type ' + c (acute plus c) to do ć. But when running Firefox32 with Kubuntu 64 bits, GTK fails to load the 32 bit cedilla IM module. GTK always load the 64 bit module version.
    I workaround it changing the internal references to the string "cedilla" from the im-cedilla.so 32 bit version to "cedil32" and setting the environment variable GTK_IM_MODULE to cedil32 (only to Firefox32 - I change its script). Also I include the im-cedil32.so into the 64 bit GTK IM module configuration file:
    /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodule-files.d/libgtk2.0-0.immodules
    I include the following two lines:
    "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-cedil32.so"
    "cedil32" "Cedil32" "gtk20" "/usr/share/locale" "az:ca:co:fr:gvct:sq:tr:wa:en:us"

Now after many search and trying, I can type '+c to get ć

More details at:
    Ć (C Acentuado) vs. Ç (C Cedilha) no Firefox32 rodando num AMD64 com Kubuntu 64 Bits

Regards,
    Marcio Wesley Borges
    http://www.marciowb.net/blog

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Am I the only one having this issue? Installed firefox32 on AMD 64 Hardy refresh, per instructions. Browser and all plugins work fine. However, no matter _what_ I've tried 'mailto' links refuse to bring up thunderbird.

This worked just fine on Gutsy using a 64-bit native t-bird and 32-bit firefox browser. I tried a number of things suggested on various web fora (prefs.js, mods to rdf files in the install directory, adding things to about:config). Nothing works.

I'd like to just go back to firefox2 on hardy, but unless its an oversight the sticky install instructions do not indicate the availability of a firefox2 32-bit package for hardy 64.

Any advice that will take me in either direction is appreciated.

Beans

I installed this succesful, but I must reinstall kubuntu(8.04.1) and now it say like this: http://paste.ubuntu.com/33088/

ff32_3in1_6294.tar.gz

Beans

Hi,

thanks for the script. I've used it before to install Firefox 2 in Gutsy before.

Now, I've owned a new machine and installed Hardy. Almost everything OK with the script, only two problems so far:

1. Adobe reader wouldn't load in browser. Solution:

Code:
    sudo cp /opt/Adobe/Reader8/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins/
    sudo cp /opt/Adobe/Reader8/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    sudo cp /opt/Adobe/Reader8/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    2. Most icons are missing. Tried to add through View/Toolbars/Customize but these are missing too. Any ideas?

Beans

Tnx for the script - for Hardy 8.04 worked perfectly (with Flash and Java). The only issue I've got so far - theme icons dissapeared (like no back, forward, home buttons). But I fixed it by installing another theme from the FF website. And when it's asked to restart FF - after starting and loading pages for 1 sec - FF crashes. But if you quit it and restart again - everything is fine.
    Therefore, Thanks once again!

Beans

Last edited by Vadikus; August 5th, 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Beans

I found a solution to the fonts/Type1 problem (see bellow for full description) when installing Firefox32 or Swiftweasel32 with the 3in1 script (Processor: Intel 64, OS: Ubuntu Gusty 7.10, script 32_3in1_6294.tar.gz and the previous versions).

The solution is to update xfonts-util by hand to a later version than what Synaptic Package Manager recommends:

sudo wget http://ftp.netspace.net.au/pub/debia....1-2_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i xfonts-utils_1.0.1-2_amd64.deb

# Now the following lines (from the 3in1 script) work fine:
    sudo wget -c http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/poo...build1_all.deb
    sudo dpkg -i /tmp/ff32/gsfonts-x11_0.20ubuntu1_all.deb

I am not sure if this helps anything or if this is recommended... but it does fix the script warnings! Maybe this could be included in the script?

Quote Originally Posted by jru View Post
    I got this message when installing Swiftweasel32 on an Intel Processor (E6850 Duo) in Gusty 7.10:

(Reading database ... 143615 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace gsfonts-x11 0.20build1 (using .../gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement gsfonts-x11 ...
    warning: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 does not exist or is not a directory
    Setting up gsfonts-x11 (0.20build1) ...

The install script command that seems to be the problem is:
    sudo dpkg -i /tmp/ff32/gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb

Beans

Kilz, thanks a lot for the script; it just saved me a lot of time.

As I've poverlooked your statement that the 'linux32' prefix has to be deleted I played around a bit myself first.

In the process I noticed that the file /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders.32 mentioned in the starter script is missing.

Some googling shows that it can be generated with

sudo bash -c 'GTK_PATH=/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0 /usr/lib32/libgtk2.0-0/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/* >/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders.32'

However, this is unnecessary as deleting the line
    export GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE=/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders.32
    does not break anything.

Simon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

This script is fabulous. Worked like a charm for Firefox 3 on amd64 gutsy. Thanks Kilz. =D>

Beans

Hi thanks for the wonderful script just shifted from Windows to Ubuntu and was finding everything not working on my browser. Makes it a relief that people like you are there. I ran the script and everything worked fine. However now I notice that all the icons on both 64 bit as wll as 32 bit are missing the back,refresh,forward buttons are missing all I get now is something similar to an unavailable image icon instead of the buttons. Even the program icon are missing for the 32 bit I tried running the 32 bit install once again but still the problem has not been fixed. Can you tell me how to fix the same. Thanks in advance.

Page 156 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast