Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by dominicguy View Post
    I get this error:
    I would have to see the whole install to see what isnt being done. Try it again, and copy/paste from the begining please.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Need help getting the sound to work again. It stopped working in flash for some reason and I cant get it working again. MP3, videos, etc.. work fine.
    Be nice. I am a n00b.

350Z-TECH

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hmm, I was just wondering, does anyone else use a different engine for amarok that allows them to listen to music and view flash video, because I'm using the xine plugin (the only one I could find) and have to turn off amarok in order for flash to run.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Ok lets see if we can make this work. It looks like the files are in place but it is somehow not opening the one we want. We are going to save the Firefox files and setup links to firefox32 in its place. In case you ever want to undo this it will just be deleting links and renaming. Open a terminal and paste in the next 4 commands one at a time. Then close all open browser windows and restart firefox32 by the menu.

Code:
    sudo mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefoxOld
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/firefox32 /usr/bin/firefox
    sudo mv /usr/lib/firefox /usr/lib/firefoxOld
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/firefox32 /usr/lib/firefox
    If something goes wrong. I dont think it will but there is always a chance. You can open up firefox at /usr/lib/firefoxOld or reinstall the Firefox package in syanaptic.
    Awesome, that worked like a charm. I got all of the plug-ins working now. Now to figure out how to get sound working in flash

Beans

Ok lets see if we can make this work. It looks like the files are in place but it is somehow not opening the one we want. We are going to save the Firefox files and setup links to firefox32 in its place. In case you ever want to undo this it will just be deleting links and renaming. Open a terminal and paste in the next 4 commands one at a time. Then close all open browser windows and restart firefox32 by the menu.

Code:
    sudo mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefoxOld
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/firefox32 /usr/bin/firefox
    sudo mv /usr/lib/firefox /usr/lib/firefoxOld
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/firefox32 /usr/lib/firefox
    If something goes wrong. I dont think it will but there is always a chance. You can open up firefox at /usr/lib/firefoxOld or reinstall the Firefox package in syanaptic.
    Ok - love the ease-of-use of the script, and your dedication to answer everyone with problems. I think your commitment to your "how to" is unrivaled. I was having the exact same problem as Emelpy, so I ran these commands - and now, when I click "Application > Internet > Firefox" - I get a pop-up box that says "Error - Could not launch application. Details: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (No such file or directory)"

...any suggestions kind sir?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I rebooted and sound worked in flash for awhile. Later after listening to some mp3s it stopped working. Perhaps Amarok is messing with the sound somehow?
    Be nice. I am a n00b.

350Z-TECH

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I agree with Trizz that this is most likely one of the most usefull and most well monitored threads
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by toykilla View Post
    I rebooted and sound worked in flash for awhile. Later after listening to some mp3s it stopped working. Perhaps Amarok is messing with the sound somehow?
    Thats possible. Dose the sound in flash come back after a roboot?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TriZz View Post
    Ok - love the ease-of-use of the script, and your dedication to answer everyone with problems. I think your commitment to your "how to" is unrivaled. I was having the exact same problem as Emelpy, so I ran these commands - and now, when I click "Application > Internet > Firefox" - I get a pop-up box that says "Error - Could not launch application. Details: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (No such file or directory)"

...any suggestions kind sir?
    If you used Firefox32-flash-java-mplayer-4, the newest version, Firefox32-flash-java-mplayer-5 fixed a bug in the script. Please get it and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryCell
    I agree with Trizz that this is most likely one of the most usefull and most well monitored threads
    Thanks, we all help where we can, this is my way of giving back for the for everything the Ubuntu community has given me.

Beans

If you used Firefox32-flash-java-mplayer-4, the newest version, Firefox32-flash-java-mplayer-5 fixed a bug in the script. Please get it and try it.

Thanks, we all help where we can, this is my way of giving back for the for everything the Ubuntu community has given me.
    I ran the new script, and I think we've made progress. It no longer gives me the error, but it still doesn't open firefox.

All that happens is that cursor turns into a circular processing icon (I would assume it'd be the equivalent to windows hour-glass) for about 30 seconds, then nothing.

...any further suggestions?

Just for reference, last night - I tried to uninstall firefox and re-install it in the synaptic package manager to no prevail.

Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast