Page 122 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

If you are running the 64bit swiftweasel from sourceforge the 32bit plugins from this howto and the repositories will not work with it.
    Sure, I realise that. I wasn't clear on what you could get from the repositories so I decided to see how good the 64bit version was. I thought I needed java, but I've not run into a site that's giving me trouble without it yet, so I figure I'll stick with the 64 bit version until I find something I need java for - then I'll switch to 32 bit with your script.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Krydahl View Post
    OK, it occurred to me that maybe I should check that Java is really running so I went to the main Java site which - surprise surprise - says it isn't.

What confuses me is why some menus on a site I visit regularly that need Java seem to work.
    Perhaps you are confusing the actual java with javascript.

Beans

Yeah, you're right. The sites I thought needed java only really need javascript. I definitely haven't got a jre pluggin on the browser. But, since I don't often need one, I'll worry about it another day.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Krydahl View Post
    Yeah, you're right. The sites I thought needed java only really need javascript. I definitely haven't got a jre pluggin on the browser. But, since I don't often need one, I'll worry about it another day.
    I was actually surprised how little of the sites I visit actually require java. It seems people tend to frequent a lot of java sites or almost none at all.

Beans

Smile Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64 - finally i go

hi guys,
    am so happy today! finally i am able to see youtube videos!!
    though i tried following a lot of steps detailed in various forums nothing was working for me. i used the script provided in the thread also. the error message was the same. some dependencies problems. mostly related with
    lib32asound2
    after a lot of trifling around i finally got the solution. run this command:
    apt-get -f install
    it will take some time to get installed and all...and then install which ever 32 bit browser u want.(use the script provided. it is easy)
    hope this comment is useful to some of the newbies like me out there...
    ...regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

You state that this script has been updated for Gutsy, however there is no such option when the 3in1 script is started.

Is the link referencing the wrong version or ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by erichnewell View Post
    You state that this script has been updated for Gutsy, however there is no such option when the 3in1 script is started.

Is the link referencing the wrong version or ???
    This is the very first question the script asks. Copied directly from the terminal, I see Gutsy, do you see it?

This script is used to setup your system for a 32bit browser.

Please select the version of the Ubuntu you are installing to.
    Install options are :

1 : Dapper Drake 6.06 LTR
    2 : Edgy Eft 6.10
    3 : Feisty Fawn 7.04
    4 : Gutsy Gibbon 7.10

Install option (1-4)? :
    Last edited by Kilz; December 11th, 2007 at 01:16 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

This is one of the most helpful Howto I have ever read.
    Thanks a zillion Klitz

Beans

I've been trying for an hour a day for the last WEEK to get any of the flash working.
    I've tried the Firefox32 solution to no avail, I just used the wrapper for the 64 but version.
    In both instances, I've got no sound, and I have followed all the instructions, installed all the packages and I still can't hear.

Dos anyone know where I'd begin to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've been trying for an hour a day for the last WEEK to get any of the flash working.
    I've tried the Firefox32 solution to no avail, I just used the wrapper for the 64 but version.
    In both instances, I've got no sound, and I have followed all the instructions, installed all the packages and I still can't hear.

Dos anyone know where I'd begin to fix this?
    Have you tried installing Swiftweasel 64bit? I followed Kilz's how-to on http://tghc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4 but that seems to be down... Kilz? What happened?

Anyway, the thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=442812 is about Swiftweasel64 and there are discussions about flash and java too... Maybe you can figure out how to install. It was not difficult as I remember.

Just get the right deb version of swiftweasel and then install java blackdown and the flash-plugin packages from Synaptic.
    Last edited by RavanH; December 15th, 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Page 122 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast