Page 112 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Most Excellent Effort!

Kilz ROCKS! UB the Ubuntu

Worked so flawlessly I KNEW that it wasn't Apple or Microsoft.
    The future will soon be a thing of the past.

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Hi, my script is ff32-3in1-5.tar.gz, that is, the one on your first page of this thread. If this is an old version, where may I find a later one? Greetings and sorry in case I don't pay the due attention to your updates.

Beans

Hi again, sorry I was aware that version of firefox is 2.0.0.6, so you're correct. The script, today, seems to work tho the result isn't fine. I've encountered two problems: 1) a warning that says /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 doesn't exist or isn't a directory - when unpacking or setting up gsfonts-x11 - and 2) when asked to install mplayer the script is interrupted either answering yes or no. May I have your help? Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by ipina View Post
    Hi again, sorry I was aware that version of firefox is 2.0.0.6, so you're correct. The script, today, seems to work tho the result isn't fine. I've encountered two problems: 1) a warning that says /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 doesn't exist or isn't a directory - when unpacking or setting up gsfonts-x11 - and 2) when asked to install mplayer the script is interrupted either answering yes or no. May I have your help? Thanks in advance.
    Can you please copy in the section with the mplayer problem from a terminal if possible?
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by leona View Post
    Hi Kilz, I installed them individually, as I assumed it was just Java at fault.
    Try running the complete script if you have upgraded. It will just overwrite what is there and should fix what problems it finds.

Beans

No, I can't copy anything related with Mplayer because the terminal suddenly vanishes. However, I tried to run firefox32 from a terminal - as the icon in Applications -> Internet doesn't appear - and the output is:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

(firefox-bin:6679): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(firefox-bin:6679): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.

I noticed, however, that the browser opened on my screen so, I checked whether or not the flash plugin worked. In fact, it did, so that I've created a launcher with command /usr/local/bin/firefox32 that seems to run nice, no problem with pages requiring adobe flash player.
    I've gone over all the thread and found that an alike problem wasn't consider to you as important. In any case, I'm interested, maybe libpangohack is involved in the warnings concerning gsfonts-x11 which I told you I got in running the script? Greetings.

Beans

Hi Kilz, I found two problems regarding ghostscript fonts for x11. First, on Ubuntu 7.04 the font path is /usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1 instead of /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 - as can be seen in xorg.conf file - Second, in this file Load "type1" - in section Modules - is not an entry so, it should be typed if the ghostscript fonts are desired to be available. I ignore whether or not the first problem can be handled when unpacking and setting up the gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb file, which generates the warning /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 doesn't exist or isn't a directory, as I mentioned. Greetings.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ipina View Post
    Hi Kilz, I found two problems regarding ghostscript fonts for x11. First, on Ubuntu 7.04 the font path is /usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1 instead of /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 - as can be seen in xorg.conf file - Second, in this file Load "type1" - in section Modules - is not an entry so, it should be typed if the ghostscript fonts are desired to be available. I ignore whether or not the first problem can be handled when unpacking and setting up the gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb file, which generates the warning /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 doesn't exist or isn't a directory, as I mentioned. Greetings.
    The script downloadeds the gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb from the Ubuntu repositories. http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/x11/gsfonts-x11. Are you saying there are errors in the deb file?

Deals with it not being able to pre load itself. All installs of Firefox32 give this error, including the ones that run perfectly. The only thing libpangohack does is makes some icons show on other applications firefox opens, like the file roller when you download a tar and have firefox automaticly open it for you. Feel free to comment out the load line in /usr/local/bin/firefox32, but those applications will look awful.
    Last edited by Kilz; September 2nd, 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The script downloadeds the gsfonts-x11_0.20build1_all.deb from the Ubuntu repositories. http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/x11/gsfonts-x11. Are you saying there are errors in the deb file?
    Yes, I'm saying that this file points to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 - when unpacking and setting up - but, at least in Ubuntu Feisty, the font path which is preassigned in xorg.conf is /usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1. Obviously, there are some warnings as a consequence. And, perhaps, all this is related to the lack of fonts in those applications you cite - as can be seen on page 12 (11) of this thread - Greetings.

Beans

hi there

great work with the script!

i got a issue, couldn't read all the thread to see if it happened to someone else.

the deal is that downloads dont work very well in the swiftweasel, it completes the the file before the process really end.

I've tested the same links with the firefox64 and all went well.

any help?

thanks.

Page 112 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast