Thread: Anyone know if the Acer TravelMate C310 Ubuntu compatible

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Anyone know if the Acer TravelMate C310 Ubuntu compatible

I am somewhat considering getting this machine as a replacement for my current (crappy) laptop. However I cannot find any info if it supports Ubuntu, it's a Centrino and has a GeForce so wi-fi and video won't be issues, the thing I'm mostly concerned about is ACPI and the touchscreen (it's not a real touchscreen it needs a digitizer/stylus). I know that I could play around with a LiveCD but I don't know any store around here that sells them and I very much don't want to run Windows. If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Anyone know if the Acer TravelMate C310 Ubuntu compatible

are you totally set on an acer? if not, my system76 came with dapper installed on it. (it's an asus box and motherboard.)

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

System76 aren't agreeable with me as far as specs go. I checked them out earlier. I'm not too set on Acer but I do like that particular unit as I found it for like 1350 @ www.zipzoomfly.com and it's a tablet, which makes it even better of course. I hear Acer machines are generally Linux friendly and the specs suggest that it should run fine but ACPI and the tablet components might be an issue.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

In case anyone else would be interested I did manage to find something that suggests that C310 works with Ubuntu. The person had it running Breezy and had a minor issue with it, no report on Dapper though but seeing as how my current laptop has gotten much better with Dapper my guess is it will work well.