Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New nvidia-graphics-drivers (304.22)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New nvidia-graphics-drivers (304.22)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCeph View Post
    Have a little problem with this driver. All launcher icons disappeared after installing it. I can use the launcher but I can't see the icons. If I point of them it is written what there was and no problems with opening the programs. But the icons are gone...
    Even after restarting the session?
    If so, you should report it on LP mentioning your card model. Unless you are running with non-standard packages (alternative PPAs) or have not dist-upgraded/fully upgraded.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by effenberg0x0 View Post
    Even after restarting the session?
    If so, you should report it on LP mentioning your card model. Unless you are running with non-standard packages (alternative PPAs) or have not dist-upgraded/fully upgraded.

Regards,
    Effenberg
    It was a fresh install. The first one since alpha 2 which runs without problems. But then I added xorg edges and installed the new driver...
    Ok, I will report it tomorrow, thought it isn't a big problem and easy to solve.

Regards...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCeph View Post
    Have a little problem with this driver. All launcher icons disappeared after installing it. I can use the launcher but I can't see the icons. If I point of them it is written what there was and no problems with opening the programs. But the icons are gone...
    I actually doubt you are really running nvidia blob, since this issue you are describing is happening with the current mesa git snapshot of xorg-edgers.
    Can be easily checked running: glxinfo | grep "OpenGL "

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

this first message logged into .xsession-errors on i386 is:

ERROR: Error parsing configuration file '/home/oem/.nvidia-settings-rc' on
    line 48: '0/XVideoTextureBrightness=0' (Unrecognized attribute name).

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    this first message logged into .xsession-errors on i386 is:

ERROR: Error parsing configuration file '/home/oem/.nvidia-settings-rc' on
    line 48: '0/XVideoTextureBrightness=0' (Unrecognized attribute name).
    It's probably the new expected behavior:
    Removed controls for XVideo attributes from the "X Server XVideo Settings" page of the nvidia-settings control panel. XVideo attributes can be configured in XVideo player applications, or through utilities such as xvattr.
    Your ads here, just 9.99$/week !!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by effenberg0x0 View Post
    As usual, it is also available from NVIdia FTP at download.nvidia.com. I have tested 304.22 x86_64 on 3.5.0-3-generic Ubuntu (with standard repos/packages, no alternate PPAs) and it's working fine for usual desktop, OpenGL, vdpau. No speed diff from previous on gtkperf/glxgears. Flash video is hell, but then again it has always been.

Regards,
    Effenberg
    I also use the nvidia download and not mess with ppa's.

Regarding the flash problems. Someone suggested using a older flash 'so' file instead of the current one. I did that and it worked. Also on utube, I just have to disable the flash using "about"plugin" and now all utube videos work.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    I also use the nvidia download and not mess with ppa's.

Regarding the flash problems. Someone suggested using a older flash 'so' file instead of the current one. I did that and it worked. Also on utube, I just have to disable the flash using "about"plugin" and now all utube videos work.
    Thanks for the tip. Things get a little more stable (but blueish) with this:
    Code:
    [13:40:41] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[/etc/adobe]: cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg 
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0
    OverrideGPUValidation=true
    Removing this file or changing values from '0' to '1' or from 'true' to 'false' or commenting either line makes it even less stable.

I'm using this version of libflash:
    Code:
    [13:40:46] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[/etc/adobe]: strings $(locate libflashplayer.so) | egrep -i '^FlashPlayer'\{1,\}[0-9_]*'FlashPlayer$'
    FlashPlayer_11_2_202_236_FlashPlayer
    Which version are you using?

Regards,
    Effenberg
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; July 16th, 2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Frozen fingers

Beans
    Distro

Confirmed: Things are not blue with flash version 10.3 and so far it seems like it's more stable. If anyone else is interested, here's what I did:

Code:
    [14:01:39] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~]: sudo mv /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so.old
    [14:01:40] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~]: mkdir $HOME/Downloads/flash && cd $HOME/Downloads/flash 
    [14:01:40] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~/Downloads/flash]: wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.tar.gz
    [14:01:41] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~/Downloads/flash]: tar xvzf flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.tar.gz
    [14:01:41] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~/Downloads/flash]: mv libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer
    [14:01:42] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~/Downloads/flash]: sudo chmod 775 /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so && sudo chown root:root /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
    [14:01:42] ahsl@AL-DESK01:[~/Downloads/flash]: sudo kill -s KILL $(ps ax | grep chromi | awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "} {print $1}' | tr '\n' ' ')
    Then restart chromium, select "restore".

Regards,
    Effenberg

EDIT: I thought I should add a note to people that eventually land here. Don't be a bash barbarian like me: use softlinks or update-alternatives, close things normally instead of killing them, use normal stuff like ps/pidof at least, like normal people do, etc.
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; July 16th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Beans

In terms of the flash blue issue with colour swap, disabling hardware acceleration sends my fan into a heat spiral so I've been using a colour swap fix patch for vdpau.
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59181
    It may or not be a good idea but it seems fine here

Beans

regarding blue flash - are you all saying the recent libvdpau hasn't fixed this?, does so here both in 12.10 & 12.04 (the 12.10 package is suitable for 12.04
    (no blue here in FF, chromium or google-chrome though flash perf in google-chrome stinks

libvdpau (0.4.1-6ubuntu1) quantal; urgency=low

* Merge from Debian Unstable (LP: #1010920). Remaining Changes:
    - Drop gcc-multilib and ia32-libs-dev from build-dependencies
    - Drop lib32vdpau1 binary package from debian/control
    - Drop lib32vdpau1.{lintian-overriders,install,symbols,postinst} files
    - Comment out 32-ARCHS in debian/rules so multilib stuff isn't run
    - Mark Debian VCS links XS-Debian

-- Vibhav Pant <vibhavp@gmail.com> Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:20:31 +0100

libvdpau (0.4.1-6) unstable; urgency=low

[ Maurizio Avogadro ]
    * Apply the wise patch supplied by Stephen Warren to fix Adobe Flash
    insanities.
    (Closes: #668512)
    Last edited by mc4man; July 16th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast