Thread: Banshee notification area icon showing randomly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Banshee notification area icon showing randomly

When I start Banshee, the icon in the notification area is randomly shown or not, meaning after every boot. The Banshee plugin for this has been enabled.

Also Banshee crashed when it first starts and I select Now Playing. If I restart Banshee after it crashes, this doesn't happen anymore.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Banshee notification area icon showing randomly

Quote Originally Posted by Zvlwab View Post
    When I start Banshee, the icon in the notification area is randomly shown or not, meaning after every boot. The Banshee plugin for this has been enabled.

Also Banshee crashed when it first starts and I select Now Playing. If I restart Banshee after it crashes, this doesn't happen anymore.
    When you say notification do you mean the pop up notifications that appear (for example when you play a new track) or do you mean the Banshee menu in the top menu bar in the sound/volume preferences?

If it's the latter you can re-install the plugin for that through synaptic, if it's the former then its probably a problem with Banshee. I'd stick with using Rhythm Box instead if it was me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Banshee notification area icon showing randomly

I'm talking about both the icon in the notification area (not the indicator applet) and the notifications. Although sometimes the icon doesn't appear and the notifications still work.