Thread: Be More Specific Please -Conduct Violation

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Be More Specific Please -Conduct Violation

You will have to be more specific as to what word you did not like?
    Are some words worth more points then others?

Apparently we disagree as to politeness and respect. I did ask these questions with politeness and kindness for the good of the community. I do not expect a slap on my wrist every time I post a question for everyone to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by howefield
    Dear hbnmgr,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Code of Conduct Violation
    -------
    You might want to calm right down before posing here, there is only one person to reflect on for your situation and that is yourself.

Strike 2.

From the Code of Conduct which you will find here

http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

The purpose of the Ubuntu Forums is to provide support for Ubuntu. We also want this to be a place where community can develop and we can enjoy one another's company. To achieve this, we strive to maintain an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all and we ask all members of the community to be respectful at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness, gentleness and respect. If you do this, the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12067144
    Quote Originally Posted by black veils View Post
    there is no need to get used to the new desktop, you could either install a limited version of what you had before, onto the current system
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install  gnome-panel
    or, what i would recommend, for plenty of customisation options, is to install another desktop called xfce, this can be done by
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
    you can choose how many panels, the sizes, transparency, plug-ins, panel background image, window decorations, and other general settings.

So Apparently the programmers did decided to NOT Keep Email Accounts and Settings during an Upgrade!!! Correct? And apparently there is nothing we can do about, and nothing you are going to do about it ! Correct?!?!?

So what is the command to install Ubuntu Studio which is what I had prior to the Update? Else, if not possible, How can I roll back to the previous and will my Email account be there?

ATTN: Forum Trolls - While I am MAD as Hellfire, I'm trying to be as polite as possible under the circumstances you people put me in by relying on your programming and so called updates!!!
    All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Be More Specific Please -Conduct Violation

It appears to me as if you are in the process of learning 2 hard lessons.

1. If data is important to you, back it up.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem

2. Upgrades can go wrong. See #1.

Stuff happens. That does not mean the developers are bad people or that raging at the people who can help your are appropriate.

Data recovery may be possible, see

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DataRecovery/

Again , see #1. It is always better to be restoring from backup then in a position of relying on data recovery.

Learn these lessons well and they will serve you a life time. People who do not learn from these situations are doomed to repeat them (can't tell you how often a certain family member repeats this mistake).

If you rage at people, developers or people trying to help you, they are going to walk away from your situation.

haqking has given you good advice.

Because you are frustrated I am going to reverse the infraction.

I suggest you come back when you are less angry and are capable of posting in a more appropriate style and have a specific question about the links I gave you.

But if you continue to rage you will eventually be banned.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Exclamation Re: Be More Specific Please -Conduct Violation

I suggest you come back when you are less angry and are capable of posting in a more appropriate style and have a specific question about the links I gave you.
    Again, you FAILED to answer my question. Which word(s) offended the moderators ego?

As to your links regarding backups - they do not apply. I have backups, so that is not an issue. The issue I had, was in clarification of their obscure answers in order to fully understand their reply to my initial questions. Obviously I was mistaken as to the possibility there are programmers reading these forums. No I know to post via Launchpad and programming errors/issues. This is the ONLY lesson I have learned.

Thanks! for reversing the infraction.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hbnmgr View Post
    Again, you FAILED to answer my question. Which word(s) offended the moderators ego?
    I did answer your question , it was your tone and hostility and I have no intention of going through your post word - by -word.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hbnmgr View Post
    It wasn't any moderators ego, that caused the infraction, it was your ignoring the forum Code of Conduct, that earned you an infraction. It may be wise to review the forum Code of Conduct, that you agreed to when you created your account, again:

Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct