Thread: Will uninstalling Wine Uninstall it's windows programs that were installed on it?

Beans

Will uninstalling Wine Uninstall it's windows programs that were installed on it?

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm on my brother's Ubuntu laptop and I've been having troubles putting Fl Studio on it via Wine. I found another easier to use software(Linux multimedia studio) And he wants to use that instead. So I try Wine un-installer to un-install Fl Studio, but it keeps freezing when it trys and gives up. Either way, he doesn't need wine, so I am assuming uninstalling Wine uninstalls the programs with it. Does it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Will uninstalling Wine Uninstall it's windows programs that were installed on it?

Removing wine does not remove the applications
    They are installed in the hidden folder .wine in the home folder
    Deleting the folder .wine will delete the installations, but you might prefer to drill down a little further in .wine to delete the actual application folder rather than the whole of .wine
    Though if you don't plan to use wine, it'll not really matter

Any application entries in the menu that are there, may need to be edited out manually
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans

Re: Will uninstalling Wine Uninstall it's windows programs that were installed on it?

My brother doesn't need it so I just did ctrl+H at the home folder to show hidden files, then deleted .wine.

Thanks for the info!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by linuxvstheworld View Post
    my brother doesn't need it so i just did ctrl+h at the home folder to show hidden files, then deleted .wine.

Thanks for the info!
    yw :d
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC