Thread: Screen problem

Beans

Screen problem

Hello.

I recently updated my operating system, & now I'm having an issue with the display. I have a Dell Inspiron Mini. I'm not very technically inclined, so basic instruction would be appreciated.

It boots up all right, but it seems like the display has been shifted up half a screen; that is, I can see the bottom half of the desktop in the top half of the screen while the bottom half of the screen is blank. The computer still responds to input, but you can't see any of the toolbars. Right clicking on the screen results in a window opening, but I can only see the bottom half of it & there's a trail displaying something else under and behind the cursor.

If this had already been solved, I apologize for the duplicate post & would be much obliged if someone would direct me to the relevant thread.

Thank you,
    -accidentalninja

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Screen problem

Did you install the proprietary driver?
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Beans

I don't know, so I'm guessing not.

Beans
    Hidden!

What version of Ubuntu did you install? And please tell us details about your hardware. (PC model, video card ect.) That info would help us in having a better understanding.

Regards.
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Beans

Did this problem have been solved?

Beans

As I said, it's a Dell Inspiron Mini 10" n-series; I believe it's got a designation 1010. It's a discontinued line of laptops; this one is maybe three years old. It has an Intel Atom Inside & has always run Ubuntu. I updated the operating system this year, though I'm not sure when exactly. The CPU: 2x1333MHz. This system looks similar: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...do-i-have.html

Attempting to start in failsafex results in it telling me that there isn't a usable configuration for my screen.

Regards,