Thread: Software testing

Beans

Software testing

I want to contribute for some open source project. I' starting with CMU PocketSphinx speech recognition toolkit. because it not so popular to user community. I want to fork it into a user space driver so that it can be integrated into OS someday. but to start I need some guidelines. The documentation of the project is not enough(atleast for me). I'm going to read the source code of the project. it comes with unit test and regression test files. hoe do I setup an environment to debug(in order to read the source) the source code. i hav installed those libs. but i want to it from this source... In nutshell i want to know the software test environment for an open-source project provided their source is available.
    Vanangamudi
    Minniyal Poriyalan
    Puduvai,Bharatham.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Software testing

Try contacting the authors. Try to make sure you write proper English, you're more likely to get a reply then.

Try the IRC channel listed on http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/communicate/ too

Beans

Not particulary this project, Can u help me how to get started with setting up the development environment for any open source projetcs. I use Emacs-24.
    Vanangamudi
    Minniyal Poriyalan
    Puduvai,Bharatham.

Beans
    Hidden!

For any open source projects? Just set up a normal development environment: editor, toolchain, debugger, etc.
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads