Thread: Soundcard not detected on Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

Question Soundcard not detected on Ubuntu 10.04

My problem is, my sound card isn't detected. It's hard to enjoy a music or a movie without sound. I have a RealTek AC'97 sound card in my machine. I can't get the system to detect my sound card. I have drivers downloaded from RealTek, and have unsuccessfully made an attempt to install them.

**Just upgraded to 10.10, Still have problem with sound, panels are back on screen.
    Last edited by BenJetson; July 11th, 2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Upgraded System

Beans

Re: Soundcard not detected on Ubuntu 10.04

pretty sure ive had a similar problem like this when I first went dual booted ubuntu.

try unplugging the machine for about 10 minutes. COMPLETELY unplug it from the power source. this will allow things to reset and settle back into a nice a comfy place.

I'll be honest though, I think mine was more network based than sound card... but I've had a lot of various issues like this, and sometimes its a universal fix.

I suggest giving it a whirl. if it works... cool. if not... what did you lose?

Beans

Exclamation Re: Soundcard not detected on Ubuntu 10.04

I felt pretty stupid when I went to unplug the tower, the speakers were plugged into the mic port. Thanks for suggesting to unplug the tower, it made me realize it was plugged into the wrong port.
    Last edited by BenJetson; July 16th, 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Corrected Spell Errors