Thread: Headphones not working after Ubuntu 12.04 installation

Hybrid View

Beans

Unhappy Headphones not working after Ubuntu 12.04 installation

Hey there,

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my Asus k55vd laptop this morning. Laptop is now dual booting, with Windows 7 on the other partition. When running Ubuntu, sound plays out the speakers, but when I plug in my headphones, the speakers turn off (as they should) but nothing is played through the headphones.

This does not happen on the windows side of the partition. I've ran the information test with Alsa. The results can be found here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=8e...8678676219f010

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Beans

Re: Headphones not working after Ubuntu 12.04 installation

This issue magically solved itself after the third reboot, without changing any settings. If I ever figure out what happened, i'll post here incase someone runs into the same problem.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shalashasks View Post
    This issue magically solved itself after the third reboot, without changing any settings. If I ever figure out what happened, i'll post here incase someone runs into the same problem.
    I have the same problem with this notebook, I came from italian forum of ubuntu, please can you make a post for fix this fastidious problem?

Thanks.

Beans

I have solved the issue, it is very bizarre. So if I reboot the system, sounds in the headphones not working, but if shut down and I start the system with the button of notebook, sounds magically it's active in the headphones. Incredible but it's true. What do you mean?

Thanks.

Beans

Same problem. Sound appears after I shutdown and then start laptop and disappears after reboot/suspend system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

All of you people... are having this problem with the same laptop model?
    Even if the 'morrow is barren of promises; nothing shall forestall my return