Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: full screen magnification in gnopernicus or other magnifier?

Beans

Re: full screen magnification in gnopernicus or other magnifier?

Hi again,
    Such a review of yours is just what I've been missing, great job!
    In fact I have a new experience to post today
    I decided to try this out on VMWare, and I got it working! I had more trouble getting the system to work in general than I had setting up the magnification, but now everything works quite good. Performance is very bad of course using this in VMWare, but the fact that I indeed got it working at all was a little surprising.
    While editing xorg.conf and such I used ZoomText, which worked quite nicely, except that mouse tracking was a bit inaccurate.

This is just awesome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: full screen magnification in gnopernicus or other magnifier?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabb View Post
    Hi again,
    Such a review of yours is just what I've been missing, great job!
    In fact I have a new experience to post today
    I decided to try this out on VMWare, and I got it working! I had more trouble getting the system to work in general than I had setting up the magnification, but now everything works quite good. Performance is very bad of course using this in VMWare, but the fact that I indeed got it working at all was a little surprising.
    While editing xorg.conf and such I used ZoomText, which worked quite nicely, except that mouse tracking was a bit inaccurate.

This is just awesome!
    good to hear! Did you have any problems with the guide? Any trouble spots or glitches in the writing? Eventually I wan to try to write a script to emulate the required steps. Just not sure when I will get around to it.

Thanks for the comments
    Proud low vision user of Ubuntu
    ~Jason Grieves (Ubuntu Accessibility Team)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123