Thread: Download manager w. scheduling

Beans

Download manager w. scheduling

Does anyone know of a way to schedule downloads from "Ubuntu Software Center" so that they automatically occur at a preset time (like late evening when one's ISP allows free upload/download time)

Alternatively

Is there a program out there that allows one to schedule downloads so they automatically occur at a preset time.

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Download manager w. scheduling

Beans

Re: Download manager w. scheduling

I already have (as, I believe, does every UStudio user) Ubuntu Software Center and Synaptic Package Manager.

Doing a search on "download" in Package Manager results in little that seems a useful Download Manager. The same search in US Center returns a number of programs including Steadyflow Download Manager.

My problem is that there are a number of programs I'd like to try but need to schedule their download for a time in the wee hours when I'm asleep. (Unless I'm missing something) neither Ubuntu Software Center and Synaptic Package Manager provide that option. (I wonder if Steadyflow Download Manager somehow interfaces with USC or SPM to allow one to schedule packages one's found through those programs.)

[Incidentally, there is a program--Download Scheduler--a Firefox extension (currently with some problems) that does precisely this for Firefox/YouTube videos.]

Can Ubuntu Software Center, Synaptic Package Manager, or Steadyflow Download Manager perform scheduled backups this way (say, schedule the backup for 2 AM)?

Thanks