Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Uncommanded reboot every morning

Beans

Re: Uncommanded reboot every morning

Quote Originally Posted by mpcookson View Post
    The system has been up for over a day, which I think is longer than it has been for at least the last two months. If it's still up this time tomorrow, I'm going to blame the UPS and start turning services on one by one.

I wonder how I can trouble shoot the UPS... But that's a question for a different forum.

Thanks for all your time and effort on this (weird) one!

Regards,
    Mark
    After two days of being up will all the extra services reenabled, I'm ready to call this as an issue with the UPS. It's either that UPS is at fault for signaling a low battery or the apc driver incorrectly understanding the state of battery. Why, however, would a low battery cause a reboot and not a complete power off, I don't understand, but that's probably a question for a different group.

I guess we can move this into the [SOLVED] category. Thanks for everyone's help on this one!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Uncommanded reboot every morning

I have a similar problem at home but not as frequent reboots.
    My ups is also to blame but it does however report both by sound and through apcupsd that the batteries need replacement.

Depending on the brand of the ups you can use apcupsd to do some diagnostics on the ups.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456